SDS2 is a leading supplier of structural steel software in the engineering, detailing and fabrication markets. As a global part of the ALLPLAN team, we provide architects, engineers, and contractors with modern software solutions to design, build, and operate awesome buildings. We strive to be at the forefront of our industry with benefits and work environment, including generous time off policies, health, dental, vision and life insurance (including significant HSA contributions), company-matched retirement, and more.
The DevOps Engineer is responsible for supporting the improvement and increased productivity and speed of our software development project life cycle.
In this role, you will:
- Apply cloud computing skills and best practice to deploy improvements, upgrades and fixes
- Be involved and actively contribute to infrastructure and application architecture/design and work together with the development teams to deliver the best solutions for those contexts
- Collaborate with cloud infrastructure providers to continuously improve the infrastructure and service stack. Help troubleshooting and resolve hosting, application deployment and operational issues
- Collaborate with team members and across departments to improve the company's engineering tools, systems and procedures and data security
- Implement automation tools and frameworks (CI/CD pipelines)
- Conduct system tests for security, performance and availability. Monitor the infrastructure and application behavior.
- Troubleshoot production issues and coordinate with the development team to streamline code deployment
- Develop and maintain design and troubleshooting management
- Technologies used are AWS, SQL, (MS SQL, PostgreSQL), NoSQL, Apache, IIS, Nginx, SSL, Jenkins, GitLab, Git, NuGet, Docker, Kubernetes/Swarm, Puppet/Ansible/Chef, AppDynamics/Nagios/Prometheus/StatusCake, Windows Server, Linux
SDS2 is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
remote DevOps Engineer – remote #hiring #TechNews #Job remote jobs