Penn Game Studios (PGS) is searching for an experienced and enthusiastic DevOps engineer to support our growing platform development team. The right candidate will take responsibility for configuration, optimization, documentation, and general support of the PGS infrastructure.
The PI mission is to challenge the norms of the gaming industry by building an immersive interactive gaming experience that is responsible, innovative, and fun. Through our partnership with Barstool Sports, we are hoping to continue to launch our online sportsbook and icasino across the U.S. We are committed to helping our team members grow and succeed. We believe that hiring talented individuals that love what they do will help us win!
Your daily responsibilities include
· Write ansible playbooks that will configure or update systems.
· Maintain, update, and configure Jenkins CI/CD pipelines.
· Work closely with the engineering team to deploy microservices.
· Use datadog to create dashboards, monitor, and investigate performance and technical issues.
· Respond to slack and email alerts regarding infrastructure and CI/CD pipelines.
· Write technical documentation on implementation of solutions.
· Help in automating tasks (could include bash scripts, Python, Go, etc.)
· Troubleshoot deployments in kubernetes
· Excellent communication and documentation skills (written and verbal).
· Work collaboratively under tight deadlines.
· Open to new challenges and continuously be willing to learn.
· Proficiency in Linux operating system and basic network administration.
· Excellent troubleshooting skills.
· Proficiency in one or more programming or scripting languages (ideally Python, Bash, and Go).
· Familiarity with AWS
· Strong understanding of containers and virtualization.
· Familiarity with tools such as Ansible, Terraform, Jenkins, VMware vCenter, kubeadm, Helm, Datadog, Jira, Confluence, and liquibase.
· Familiarity with technologies such as AWS, VMware, Kubernetes, Docker, Weavenet, HA proxy.
· Understanding of relational database systems (ideally PostgreSQL).
· Understanding of non-relational database systems (ideally Redis, and Elasticsearch).
· Ideally have experience deploying and managing Kubernetes environments, including on-prem deployments (i.e. not just cloud managed k8s deployments such as EKS).
· Experience working with interdisciplinary teams to solve technical problems with practical constraints
Position may require licensing in applicable states that PI operates. If so, you must
qualify for licenses and permits required by federal, state and local regulations.
Something to leave you with
Penn Interactive is committed to helping our team members live their best, healthy life. We offer unique and competitive benefits that help our team members stay healthy and safe. Some of our competitive benefits include:
· Flexible paid time off options and holiday time
· A multi-carrier marketplace that has a wide array of medical, dental, and vision insurance options
· 401K saving & matching program
· Collaborate and flexible working environments