DevOps Engineer (Delivery Consultant)
ECS are one of the leading and fastest-growing Digital Transformation Consultancies in the UK, specialising in Cloud Enablement, Data & Analytics, Cost Optimisation, DevOps and Customer Experience. Working with an enviable client base of Enterprise level organisations, our work enables companies to be fit for purpose in the 21st century.
Our values define the way we do business. We’re obsessive about delivering business value through technology and operate with a strong, continuous customer focus. We prioritise integrity in all that we do – providing a transparent support structure to help our people develop skills to progress their careers.
As leaders in Digital Transformation, we’re adaptable and quick to embrace change and new technologies. We believe in hiring people passionate about delivering cutting-edge modern software and platforms. Our biggest asset is our people! People who don’t settle for second best and people who work and win in teams to deliver the best solutions. Everyone at ECS is encouraged to do things differently, to believe in themselves and each other, and to make daring decisions – even if it means making the occasional mistake.
You’ll be working on a variety of industry-leading projects, often with organisations that have their own challenges, so you’ll need to be able to adapt seamlessly to different ways of working and quickly build relationships to create a collaborative approach with your team and stakeholders.
We offer a great benefits package and opportunity to get exposure to unique, cutting edge projects with a team of like-minded individuals all striving for the same goals. The nature of our work is consulting, so whilst we’ll look to have you based from your local office/region (London, Edinburgh, Manchester, Glasgow, Pune), there will be an element of travel involved in meet clients and embedding solutions.
About you (Ideally):
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of DevOps practices such as CI, CD, Infra as Code, Cloud, Monitoring
- A passion for open-source programming or commercial tooling
- Being part of implementing end to end delivery lifecycles
- Hungry to learn, out of the box thinkers
- A client-focused 'can-do' attitude
- High attention to detail
- Continuously challenging the status quo
- Feeling comfortable working with new clients
- Ideally passionate for speaking at conferences and meetups
Technical Insight (To be able to demonstrate theoretical and practical understanding of tools in several of the below categories):
- Desirable experience working with some DevOps tooling:
- Continuous Integration – Jenkins, TeamCity, TFS, Travis CI etc..
- Continuous Deployment/Delivery – Automic, Octopus Deploy, UrbanCode etc…
- Containers – Docker, Kubernetes, Mesosphere etc…
- Configuration Management – Ansible, Chef, Puppet etc…
- Cloud – AWS, Azure, GCP etc…
- Infrastructure as Code – HashiStack (Terraform, Vault, Consul ..), CloudFormation etc…
- Monitoring – ELK, Prometheus, Splunk etc…
- Experience in one of the following scripting languages: Java, Bash, Python, Powershell, Golang, etc.
- Experience working with Linux and/or Windows systems
ECS consultants benefit from comprehensive health and wellness plans including private healthcare (clinical & mental), discounted gym memberships, in-office yoga sessions & massages.
Our inclusive, positive culture is at the heart of everything we do. We focus on genuine continuous development with a generous training budget. We have pods for collaboration and breakout areas for when you need to be in the zone. If you find yourself enjoying the pick and mix, playing pool, table tennis or PlayStation, coming out to one of the many team outings, and company paid Friday Lunch, please don’t worry. These things are here for you to actually enjoy.
That said, we continue to invest heavily in providing our staff with time to develop. We understand how vital it is to allow you to commit to areas relevant to your career. We certify all of our engineers with each of our vendors and are committed to staying at the forefront of the frequent changes in our rapidly evolving digital landscape.
Our top priority is to attract, grow and maintain our talent at all levels and in all specialisms. If they are happy then we are too!