Aspect Capital is an award-winning systematic hedge fund based in London that manages over $9 billon of client assets, where technology plays a critical role in the success of the business.
We are looking for a specialist to support and improve the environment in which we develop and run our investment strategies. The ideal candidate would have strong development and operational skills. This position involves collaboration with teams across research, development and infrastructure to provide operational excellence in day-to-day trading and research. This is an opportunity to work within an investment team to build out a new performant and highly scalable Linux cloud-based investment platform.
Your key tasks will be to enable researchers and quant developers on the team to do their work better and to make sure that our production code runs reliably and efficiently. Some examples of what you would be working on:
- Making developers' work more efficient by improving CI/CD environment (CI, testing, deployments).
- Working on the way we deploy python applications and packages.
- Supporting and improving our research environment (Docker, Vscode, Jupyterlab, etc.)
- Making sure we use up-to-date software versions in our docker containers, performing upgrades of python and upstream libraries (e.g. pandas).
- Working with the infrastructure and research teams to enable large-scale research tasks to be run in AWS
- Configuring alerts and improving our monitoring practices in general
- 2-4 years' in a similar role
- Solid knowledge of Python, good knowledge of pytest is a big plus
- Understanding and hands on experience with CI solutions (Jenkins, etc.)
- Good working knowledge of Linux and docker
- Kubernetes, AWS (s3 and eks)
- Good communication skills are essential as this role involves involve frequent interactions with researchers, QDs and other teams
- A desire to learn and improve
If this sounds of interest we would love to hear from you.
This employer is a corporate member of
myGwork – LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals,
students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.