Make your skills count and see your work enabling one of the world's leading special interest content platforms!
About The Role
As a DevOps Engineer at Ascent, you will be at the heart of the evolution of DevOps culture on a range of challenging and interesting customer projects. You’ll join our team of DevOps experts, and work typically as part of a cross-functional team on customer projects, supporting their journey through digital transformation, or helping them do existing things in a much better way.
What You’ll Do
Depending on the project, your daily responsibilities could be quite varied, but typically our DevOps Engineers:
- Understand, build and maintain systems that deliver platform services in a repeatable, scalable, secure, auditable way
- Drive automation by utilizing Infrastructure as Code (IaC) and develop scalable practices
- Play a collaborative role as a DevOps engineer,
- Coaching peers and supporting them to grow knowledge of Cloud, Automation, Infrastructure as Code, and DevOps.
- Keep up to date with industry trends, and current and emerging technologies and dissipate information to your fellow DevOps practitioners and across the business
You’ll also get called on from time to time to support Ascent marketing colleagues, pre-sales teams, and key partners with some DevOps subject matter expertise. We’re adding to a strong team of real DevOps experts in our business, so this is a great time to join us as we’re growing in our core locations across the UK, Malta, Bulgaria, Portugal, and Spain.
Skills And Experience
We’re looking for people with a true passion for DevOps culture. You will bring with you some skills and experience which demonstrate:
- Your deep understanding of Azure and Microsoft cloud services and applications
- Experience in the creation of and delivery of platform services
- Skills in managing containerization solutions in a production environment.
- Knowledge of container orchestration technologies, preferably Kubernetes
- Good general understanding of Security and Security practices (DevSecOps)
You need to show you have knowledge of designing and creating containerized CI/CD pipelines and expertise in automation tools and configuration management e.g. Terraform and Ansible. It will be an asset if you have expertise in logging, monitoring, and tracking solutions for a microservice architecture. Any experience with real-time data processing and a good understanding of code, and experience with databases would be great to have.
Working at Ascent
This is a hybrid role, where you can spend time at the office or work from home. Ascent is a company where your development and learning will be taken seriously, and we'll support your professional development with training and certification, with regular feedback and review.
Ascent is an equal opportunities employer. We take intentional steps to ensure inclusion and belonging are something real here, not just something we talk about. No person will be treated less favorably because of their gender, pregnancy, and maternity status, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, or disability status. If you require any reasonable accommodation, please let us know when you apply.
If you have any questions contact our Talent Acquisition team at [email protected]