Pleasant Prairie, WI 53158
Develop your ideal IT career, crafting custom software solutions, at Uline. Bring your expertise to help manage our industry-leading team behind one of the largest e-commerce sites in the U.S.
Better together than apart. This position is on-site, and we are looking for good people who share our passion.
- Day-to-day support of Java Application Servers, Messaging Queues and Modern Dev Ops tools covering installation, patching and general administration.
- Automate administration, deployment, reporting and other operational procedures including but not limited to deployments, log rotations, archiving and backups.
- Participate in performance testing, disaster recovery and turning activities.
- Gain solid understanding of the business process, workflows and data.
- Work with project managers during scoping and requirements sessions.
- Implement appropriate monitoring, alerting and measurements to ensure the health of our environment.
- Provide on-call support for production applications.
- Plan for and apply application software patches.
- Actively monitor, track and manage project tasks, timelines, attainment of established milestones and overall quality of project activities and deliverables.
- Collaborate with IT Leadership to assemble and manage the project resources.
- Identify and drive decision-making.
- Identify, document, escalate and mitigate risks and issues.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field.
- 5+ years experience in Platform technologies such as IBM Application Servers, IBM MQ and IBM WebSphere Liberty.
- Experience with administering Java containers such as WebSphere Application Server, JBoss, Tomcat or WebLogic with expertise in installation and monitoring.
- Experience with Docker and / or Kubernetes container orchestration tools a plus.
- Excellent knowledge of supporting software on Red Hat Linux. Version 7.5 preferred.
- Experience with DevOps tools such as Jenkins, SonarQube, Artifactory, Git a huge plus.
- Strong understanding of networking and security concepts.
- Understanding of network standards, such as DHCP, DNS, SSL, TCP, UDP, IP, QoS and ICMP.
- Understanding of networking concepts such as load balancing and routing; ability to carry out basic network troubleshooting in a server runtime.
- Comfortable with scripting languages such as bash, perl and python to automate tasks
- Experience with provisioning tools such as Ansible, chef, puppet a plus.
- Experience using a code deployment tool, such as UrbanCode Deploy a plus.
- Experience using APM products like Dynatrace a plus.
- Experience and / or familiarity with other technologies, such as RESTful over HTTP.
- Experience with the Atlassian / Jira / Confluence, TFS a plus.