Applications welcome from Osterley and Livingston.
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
As a Data Engineer specialising in testing within the Data Engineering team, you'll be responsible for ensuring that the software meets the design & standards set out by the team.
What you'll do:
• Produce clear and concise documentation of test coverage to agreed standards, with Stakeholders.
• Define plan, script, and execute tests.
• Document and validates all test risks, issues, assumptions, and dependencies.
• Identify, code, and maintain automated scripts for regression and integration tests or data creation.
• Provide accurate test estimates to support planning of path to production.
• Initiate and implement improvements of test process and appropriate tooling.
• Work with and assist other teams within the department, providing technical & domain input.
• Assist with the mentoring of associate testers and colleagues.
• Provide accurate and clear updates to Senior Data Engineer – Test/Scrum Master and Stakeholders.
What you'll bring:
• Comprehensive Cloud migration experience.
• In depth understanding of large-scale data, such as data warehouses and their best practice and principles of managing them.
• Experience of ETL technical design, development, and support.
• Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and a proven ability to influence technical decisions in a fast-moving commercial environment.
• Understanding of test lifecycle, defect lifecycle and Agile Methodologies.
• Excellent SQL skills.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Experience of Unix and python scripting.
• Comfortable with developing testing capability in automation frameworks.
• Technology background that includes as many of the following as possible Selenium, Cucumber, Lean FT, Java, Maven, Jenkins, Git, Netezza, Oracle.
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
• Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
• A generous pension package
• Private healthcare
• Discounted mobile and broadband
• Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experience
Where you'll work:
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There's also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you'll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Livingston Watermark House:
Our lively campus is a free shuttle bus away from Livingston South train station and the town centre. Plus there's onsite parking available for cars, motorbikes and bicycles.
You'll be well fed at our subsidised canteen, and you can keep in shape at our onsite gym. Or play a game of pool or table tennis.
We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we've been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we've committed 30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We've also set ambitious targets for increasing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
At Sky we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to discuss flexible working
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.
Job ID: 61158Job Area: Software & Product Development