Combine two of the fastestgrowing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Design, build, optimize, and manage modern largescale data pipelines ETL processing to support data integration for reporting & analytics, machine learning features, and predictive modelling
- Consume data from a variety of sources (RDBMs, APIs, FTPs and other cloud storage) & formats (Excel, CSV, XML, JSON, Parquet, Unstructured)
- Partner with Business, Technical and Strategic Product to manage project commitments in an agile framework; rapidly delivering value to our customers via technology solutions
- Participate in architectural evolution of data engineering patterns, frameworks, systems, and platforms including defining best practices and standards for managing data collections and integration
- Work with data analysts and data scientists to deploy machine learning models for reporting consumption
- Performs data analysis required to troubleshoot data related issues and assist in the resolution of data issues
- Self-starter, self-managed, quick learner, problem-solver with a positive, collaborative, and teambased attitude
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree (e in computer science, information technology, engineering or equivalent) OR equivalent experience
- 2+ years of data engineering and/or data warehousing experience, preferably in a SQL Server environment
- 2+ years of experience working with coding languages such as .NET, Perl, and C#
- Experience working with big data technologies such as Azure or Hadoop
- Experience working with BI Tools such as Tableau, PowerBI, or Grafana
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Python experience
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a farreaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.