About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Data Engineer to join the Enterprise Service Management (ESM) Data Services team. As part of Enterprise Function Technology (EFT) the Data Services Team helps Enterprise Information Technologies (EIT) manage IT assets and their associated risks. Our current focus is to maintain and enhance existing solution Technology Asset Management (EDTAM) for EIT Business Team Service Asset and Configuration Management (SACM) in Asset Validation, License Management, Data Research and assisting other SACM applications in relevant data needs.
Our current technical landscape consists of a typical data architecture leveraging Microsoft / Oracle Exadata / Teradata database technologies and SSIS / Ab-Initio ETL tools. However, we will also be embarking on a migration onto cloud-based architecture in the coming 12 months. In order to meet our strategic goals, we have an exciting opportunity for a Data Engineer to join our team. This individual contributor role will providing technical guidance and execution across several Data Services initiatives.
Initial primary focus will be to provide data analysis and support for Technology Asset Management (EDTAM) and will expand to include our cloud modernization efforts. In this role, the Data Engineer will be designing, building and operationalizing large-scale enterprise data solutions and applications using one or more data and analytics services in combination with 3rd party cloud and big data platforms. In parallel to cloud migration, we are also assessing our data quality capabilities by creating actionable metrics. This role may also play a key role in maturing Data Quality within our data portfolio.
In this role, you will:
- Participate in data warehouses across multiple databases and identify opportunity for developing table schemas within the Technology and Date area
- Review and analyze basic data management business, operational, or technical assignments or challenges that require research, evaluation, and selection of alternatives and exercise independent judgment to guide medium risk deliverables
- Present recommendations for resolving more complex data management situations and exercise independent judgment while developing expertise in the business data policies, procedures and compliance requirements
- Collaborate and consult with technology colleagues, internal partners and stakeholders, including internal and external customers if applicable
- 2+ years of Data Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 2+ years of Python/PySpark programming experience in Linux environment
- 2+ years of RDBMS programming experience on Oracle/Exadata or Teradata
- Google Cloud Engineer or Data Engineer certified
- 2+ years of working data analytics experience with Google Cloud Platform using BigQuery, BigTable, DataProc etc
- 2+ years of working experience using data visualization tools such as Tableau, PowerBI.
- A Bachelors or Masters degree in computer science, statistics or relevant field
- Must be able to come onsite to work with other team members
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.