Data Engineer – AWS, Amazon Web Services
£50,000 – £70,000 per year
Manchester or London (remote with 2 days per month in the office)
Are you an experienced Data Engineering professional tired of slow processes and unnecessary amounts of red tape?
Eager for a brand-new challenge in a highly dynamic fast-moving company that values their data engineer’s expertise and creativity and puts data at the forefront of their decision-making process?
The Role and Company
Here at KDR, we are lucky enough to be working alongside one of the UK’s largest funded and rapidly growing start-ups. Owned by the largest business in the EU in their specialised industry, our client has gone from strength to strength and due to their significant growth are hiring a talented and ambitious data engineer to drive their success.
Their unique ‘start-up’ environment is extremely exciting for a young creative data engineer, as they encourage consistent learning and collaboration. In addition to being open to new ideas, evolving and embracing the latest technologies.
What you’ll be doing
- Taking ownership of key aspects of the team’s workflow: data modelling, data pipeline, database design, and automation
- Designing and maintaining data pipelines, integrating data from various internal and external source systems
- As a Data Engineer, you will be working closely with Architects and key stakeholders around the business aligning an approach to data, building, and deploying on the data lake and warehouse
- Working on the automation of new and existing data engineering processes
- Identify, design, and implement improvements to the current process. Consistently evaluating and improving
As a Data Engineer, we’re looking for the following skills
- AWS and SQL (Snowflake, Terraform, and Python desirable)
- Experience of working as part of an agreed Continuous Integration (CI) /Continuous Deployment (CD) pipeline
- Designed and developed data warehousing solutions
- Knowledge of engineering best practices across the development lifecycle
In return, you can expect
- £50,000 – £70,000 on the base depending on experience
- 15% bonus
- Exclusive access to the best tools & technology on the market
- Freedom to think creatively and act autonomously
Get in touch if this role sounds of interest!