DWP. Digital with Purpose.
Are you a data engineer looking to utilise best-in-class, cutting edge technologies to deliver data products?
Do you want to use your skills and experience to help deliver high value insights which will support a generational digital transformation for DWP and our users?
Do you understand Agile ways of working and user stories? Can you convert business requirements into technical data solutions?
Are you looking for ongoing professional development, working towards new qualifications and learning from colleagues across DWP and the wider community of practice?
If so, this is a fantastic opportunity to join an exciting, high profile team delivering real business value and creating innovative solutions for our many customers.
We're looking for enthusiastic, skilled, and adaptable data people. We provide comprehensive training, and provide access to tools, materials and expertise that encourage continuous self-development enabling our people to reach their potential and help DWP meet its strategic goals
Delivery. Work. Projects.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a data engineer within DWP Digital. The role involves working closely with a variety of stakeholders to design and develop best in class solutions for actionable insight.
You will work closely with other data professionals including DevOps Engineers, Data Architects, and Data Governance to design a new analytic platform.
You will design and build data pipelines in Azure utilising the Azure tech stack including Azure Data Factory, Azure lake stage, Azure SQL. We'll rely on you to ensure the right data is ingested, transformed, and used to present complex displays for use at a working and executive level, and to deliver high value data products to a variety of customers.
What skills, knowledge and experience will you need?
- Experience of developing data pipelines on public cloud platforms (Azure/AWS/GCP).
- Knowledge and experience of using BI/MI/Visualisation Tools, e.g. Power BI/Qlik.
- You will have an understanding of data modelling and database design concepts.
- You will be skilled at engaging with a diverse range of stakeholders and colleagues to foster collaboration, innovation and to drive tangible business value.
- A working knowledge and experience of SQL scripting.
Details. Wages. Perks.
Location for this role will be based in Manchester city centre. We're just right on St Peter's Square, so really handy for trams, trains, buses and bikes (we have basement level lock up and showers for cyclists)
We also all have the tech and tools we need to enable our people to work flexibly. We use a hybrid model, with some time in the office and some time at home, and many of us are working remotely at the moment due to COVID-19.
Salary for this role is up to £41,682. We offer a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions worth 27% (for a salary of £40,000 that would mean we put over £11,000 a year in your pension pot and a generous leave package starting at 26 days.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working, flexi hours, up to 3 flexi days off per month
- Family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it's even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Learning and development, including coaching, mentoring, qualifications and accreditation, career progression opportunities and lots more.