Data Engineer, Amazon Logistics
Have you ever ordered a product on Amazon and when that box with the smile arrived you wondered how it got to you so fast? Have you wondered where it came from and how much it cost Amazon to deliver it to you? If so, the WW Amazon Logistics, Last Mile team is for you. We manage the delivery of tens of millions of products every week to Amazons customers, achieving on-time delivery in a cost-effective manner to deliver a smile for our customers.
Amazon Logistics is looking for a customer focused and technically skilled Data Engineer to build cutting edge data and reporting solutions for AMZL leadership and teams. This position will be responsible for building and managing real time data pipelines, maintaining data and reporting infrastructures, building analytical tools to support our growing Amazon Logistics business in Europe and World-Wide.
The successful candidate will be able to effectively extract, transform, load and visualize critical data to improve the latency and accuracy of the existing data pipelines and drive faster analytics through data. This person will work with business, software development and research teams to understand their data requirements and ensure all the teams have reliable data that drives effective business analytics. This role requires an individual with software development and data warehouse skills. The successful candidate will be a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity, with strong attention to detail, and enjoy working with large scale of data.
- Own the design, development, and maintenance of last mile data sets
- Manipulate/mine data from database tables (MySQL, SQL server, Oracle, Data Warehouse, FC log files)
- Conduct deep dive investigations into issues related to incorrect and missing data
- Identify and adopt best practices in developing data pipelines and tables: data integrity, test design, build, validation, and documentation.
- Continually improve ongoing reporting and data processes in AMZL
- Work with in-house scientists, global supply chain, transportation and logistics teams, and software teams to identify new features and projects.
- Identify ways to automate analysis through smarter software systems.
- This is an individual contributor role that will partner with internal stakeholders across multiple teams, gathering requirements and delivering complete solutions
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related fields.
- 1+ years of relevant experience in one of the following areas: engineering, database engineering, business intelligence or business analytics
- 1+ years of hands-on experience in writing complex, highly-optimized queries across large sets.
- 1+ years of experience in programming languages like Java, Python, NodeJS etc.
- Demonstrated strength in modelling, development, and warehousing Experience in working and delivering end-to-end projects independently. Knowledge of distributed systems as it pertains to storage and computing
- Master degree in , Information Technology, Engineering or Math//Finance or related discipline.
- Advanced knowledge and expertise with Data modelling skills, Advanced with Oracle, MySQL, and Columnar Databases.
- Strong programming experience in or Python
- Ability to work on a diverse team or with a diverse range of co-workers
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have 12 affinity groups (employee resource groups) with more than 87,000 employees across hundreds of chapters around the world. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazons culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which reminds team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
It isnt about which hours you spend at home or at work; its about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We offer flexibility and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
We care about your career growth too. Whether your goals are to explore new technologies, take on bigger opportunities, or get to the next level, we'll help you get there. Our business is growing fast and our people will grow with it.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.