We are searching for an additional Data Engineer for a very exciting and growing technology driven business. Our client is operating at the forefront of innovation and thought leadership in their industry sector, developing award-winning solutions and services for their customers.
The role is being offered as a remote position with very occasional meetings at their East Devon offices.
The main task for the Data Engineer is to expand and optimize our client's data and data pipeline architectures, as well as optimizing data flow and data collection process across their product portfolio.
Working as a Data Engineer you will support Software Developers, Data Architects, Data Analysts and Data Scientists on data initiatives, and you will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects.
Data Engineers work closely with our clients Data Architects, Solution Architects, Technical Product Owners and Delivery Managers, to understand the key data requirements and processes and support the solution design and delivery.
The role will involve:
- Creating and maintaining optimal data pipeline architectures.
- Assemble data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Undertake general database administration tasks and understand data modelling techniques.
- Understand the impacts and implications of using platforms as a service (PaaS) data store and their configurations.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and cloud platforms.
- Work with stakeholders including the Data Architects, Solution Architects, Technical Product Owners, Delivery Managers and Software Development teams, to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
Successful candidates will be motivated, self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products.
You will have;
- Proven experience in delivering information solutions in a high demand, highly secure environments.
- Superior analytical & problem-solving skills.
- Commercially astute.
- Team player who is willing to share ideas.
Core Tools & Technologies Required;
- SQL, SQL Server, PostgreSQL
- AWS and/or Azure
- Data Pipeline and ETL Tools
- Data Factory
- Scripting; Scala, Python, R or similar
The successful candidate can expect to receive a very competitive salary and an excellent benefits package which includes a good holiday allowance (25 days + 8 Bank Holidays), Pension, Insurances, Healthcare, Professional Development and training.
Data Engineer, Data Pipeline, Architecture, Data Flow, Data Collection, Data Optimisation, PaaS, Infrastructure, SQL, Cloud Platforms, PowerBI, Power BI, Tableau, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, AWS, Azure, ETL, Databricks, Data Factory, Scripting, Scala, Python, R, Bash.
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond to applicants whose skills and qualifications are suitable for this position.
No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010.
Bowerford Associates Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.