**New Exciting Data Engineer Opportunity**
Manchester Fully Remote
51,750 ( 45k + 15% bonus)
An exciting opportunity to work for a tech literate business, seeing the fruits of your labour as you work with an ambitious team to build a completely new, globally unique product, delivering this to new and existing clients worldwide.
This Data Engineer position is a key component in the growth of our client’s Data Science team. Supporting the existing team of data scientists, data engineers and analysts, this role will help provide the glue that enables the team to capitalise on the data assets the business has, and drive value from the extracted insights.
You’ll be working on a host of projects, from integrations with client systems and third parties, to building out a data warehouse capabale of handling batch and streamed data; machine learning tools for forecasting, customer insight and prediction and real-time reporting for the whole organisation.
As the successful candidate, you can expect to work on:
- Building infrastructure to support analytics,
- Productionising machine learning models
- Enabling data science and insight functions
- Building architecture to incorporate international networks of clients and suppliers
- Structuring, developing and supporting ETL tools for use by the Data team
- Ensuring data is made available when required to enable the smooth running of the Insights team
- Developing and maintaining a data warehouse
- Acquiring and extracting relevant internal and external data sets, suitable for data science and analytics exercises
- Developing production-level code to support active Insight's products, such as API-driven interactions with CRMs
- Creating adequate test harnessing and log capture to track the performance of data science models implemented
- Ensuring solutions are secure, reliable, fault-tolerant and efficient
- Identifying, developing and executing data analysis to uncover areas of business opportunity
- Designing and implementing technical solutions with an appropriate analytics strategy and datasets design
- Strong Analytical skills with the ability to start from ambiguous problem statements; identify and access relevant data, make appropriate assumptions, perform insightful analysis and draw conclusion relevant to the business problem
- Strong experience in using a scripting language like Python and in SQL
- Machine Learning experience and ability to productionise machine learning models
- Good cloud experience, ideally with AWS
- Minimum of 2 years relevant experience
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
PLEASE NOTE:Our client is not able to offer sponsorship at this time
If you are interested and want to work for an organisation that truly value their employees, then apply today by emailing
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.