Data Engineer / BI Developer / Business Intelligence Specialist
Remote / UK based
Outside of IR35
As an experienced Data Engineer you will report to the Chief Architect and will assist the Solution, Data and Integration Architects in establishing technology solutions in support of a new digital transformation and growth strategy. Working in a complex environment consisting of multiple international operating companies you will support the establishment and build of the Groups future reference infrastructure and IoT & digital architectures to enable the companies to quickly go to market with new technologies.
This is a new position within the business and you will initially support feasibility studies to assess what technologies across IoT & digital are likely to benefit the group. The role will also act as subject matter expert for the group to provide consulting to the OpCo's within the group. This is a hands-on role.
- Business / Technology Analysis. Through consulting with the HQ and group companies, understand their requirements, and demonstrate use cases to show how solutions may be implemented and the benefits it will bring through adoption.
- Work closely with the Chief Architect, IoT Architect, Integration and Data Architect to ensure the solutions are based on modern technologies that are scalable, secure, and offer benefits to the business and supports integration into the wide-ranging solutions present within the Operating Companies.
- Design and build modern data solutions formed of data pipelines, data streams and data service APIs
- Support the adoption of BI and Data Science initiatives by demonstrating practical experience of utilising Integration, Data and BI tools, such as Azure Data Factory, Azure Integration Services and Power BI to achieve real-world results
- Work with partner organisations, vendors, and service integrators to deliver the technology solutions.
- Ensure solutions are based on modern technologies that are scalable, secure, and offer benefits to the business and therefore encourage adoption by the individual companies.
Business and Technical Experience Required:
- Hands-on experience with the Azure cloud platform and related services and technologies fundamentally in the data arena
- Strong understanding of data Governance, including Master Data Management (MDM) and Data Quality tools and processes
- Strong commercial experience with ETL tools, Azure Data Factory, Databricks, SQL, SSAS & T-SQL
- Hands-on experience with data visualization using Power BI, Power Pivot and Power Platform
- Hands-on experience in implementing data solutions from data transformation to visualisation on the Azure platform
- Skillset in exposing data to end users using Power BI, Azure API Apps or other modern visualization platform or experience
- Detailed Microsoft Power Platform Experience
- A strong understanding of modern database technologies including new innovations in the space.
- Experience in a delivery-orientated IT environment using agile methodologies and tooling, such as Azure DevOps.
Ignite Digital Talent are committed to creating equal opportunities, and welcome job applications from all who are qualified and eligible to work in the UK, regardless of colour, ethnic or national origin, race, gender, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, religious or political beliefs, marital status or family circumstances.