NTT Data's client is currently seeking a Data Engineer to join our team in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (US-PA), United States (US).
- Lead, design, develop, deploy, and maintain mission critical data applications for Enterprise data platform
- Responsible for delivery of various data driven applications by leading several consultants.
- Technical liaison to one or two Agile delivery teams.
- Participate in all phases of the Enterprise Data platform development life cycle as appropriate; including, but not limited to gathering customer requirements, defining technical requirements, creating high level architecture diagrams, data validation and training sessions
- Engage in Data solutions and Business Intelligence Projects and drive them to closure
- Lead different aspects of data analytics, data quality, machine learning, data acquisition, visualization, and some design and analysis tasks
- Coordinate & work closely with architecture and data operations teams
- For Agile Projects, collaborate with Product Owner on epic and user story definitions
- Develop documentation and training materials, participate with customer groups in the planning for longer-term systems enhancements.
- Total 10+ years of experience in the IT, Leading and developing BI and DW applications.
- 5+ Years of Experience in Data Lake, Data Analytics & Business Intelligence Solutions
- Strong Experience in ETL Tools preferably Informatica, Databricks & AWS Glue
- Excellent experience in Data Lake using AWS Databricks, Apache Spark & Python
- 2+ years of working experience in a DevOps environment, data integration and pipeline development.
- 2+ years of Experience with AWS Cloud on data integration with Apache Spark, EMR, Glue, Kafka, Kinesis, and Lambda in S3, Redshift, RDS, MongoDB/DynamoDB ecosystems
- Demonstrated skill and ability in the development of data warehouse projects/applications (Oracle & SQL Server)
- Strong real-life experience in python development especially in pySpark in AWS Cloud environment.
- Experience in Python and common python libraries.
- Strong analytical experience with database in writing complex queries, query optimization, debugging, user defined functions, views, indexes etc.
- Experience with source control systems such as GitHub, Bit bucket, and Jenkins build and continuous integration tools.
- Knowledge of extract development against ERPs – SAP, Siebel, JDE, BAAN preferred
- Strong understanding of AWS Data lake and data bricks.
- Experience in SAP ERP application, data and processes desired
- Exposure to AWS Data Lake, AWS Lambda, AWS S3, Kafka, Redshift, Sage Maker would be added advantage
- Experience in Supply Chain, supplier invoice, purchase order is a plus.
Skills and Abilities:
- Full life cycle implementation experience in AWS using Pyspark/EMR, Athena, S3, Redshift, AWS API Gateway, Lambda, Glue and other managed services
- Experience with agile development methodologies by following DevOps, Data Ops and Dev Sec Ops practices.
- Manage life cycle of ETL Pipelines and other cloud platform tools, including GitHub, Jenkins, Terraform, Jira, and Confluence.
- Excellent written, verbal and inter-personal and stakeholder communication skills.
- Ability to analyze trends associated with huge datasets.
- Ability to work with cross functional teams from multiple regions/ time zones by effectively leveraging multi-form communication (Email, MS Teams for voice and chat, meetings)
- Excellent prioritization and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a cross-functional team
- Good administration and time capabilities to deal with multiple projects and prioritize effectively.
- Willingness to learn, be mentored and improve
- Ability to effectively interpret data and translate into information and be able to effectively communicate the information both verbally or visually.
- Ability to multi-task and apply initiative and creativity on challenging projects.
- Strong problems solving and troubleshooting skills. Ability to transform a complex problem into smaller, manageable problems
About NTT DATA Services:
NTT DATA Services is a recognized leader in IT and business services, including cloud, data and applications, headquartered in Texas. As part of NTT DATA, a $30 billion trusted global innovator with a combined global reach of over 80 countries, we help clients transform through business and technology consulting, industry and digital solutions, applications development and management, managed edge-to-cloud infrastructure services, BPO, systems integration and global data centers. We are committed to our clients' long-term success. Visit nttdata.com or LinkedIn to learn more.
NTT DATA Services is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants without regarding to race, color, religion, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment for all employees. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter so that we may connect you with the appropriate team.