UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As a Data Analyst, you will be working with businesses to develop actionable reporting solutions for various functional areas using existing BI tools, such as MS PowerBI, SSRS or Tableau. You will be using SQL programing skills to analyze data and develop solutions that enable users to solve their business needs. You will perform ad hoc data research using SQL tools and fulfill various data requests. You will manage and participate in special projects that require data and reporting solutions.
This will be a hybrid role requiring candidates to be within commuting distance of either our Minnetonka, MN or Santa Ana, CA offices.
If you are located in Minnetonka, MN or Santa Ana, CA, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as well as work in the office as you take on some tough challenges. Must be within commuting distance of Minnetonka, MN (preferred) or Santa Ana, CA.
- Uses Business Intelligence technology such as Power BI, SSRS or Tableau to equip our business partners and stakeholders with easy-to-use dashboard and reports that provider actionable insights
- Combine business acumen and technical expertise to analyze the business needs of each functional area and design a solution to meet their needs
- Partners with business users to collect requirements and both understand and anticipate users’ data and analytical needs in order to design solutions accordingly
- Perform ad hoc data research using SQL tools and fulfill various data requests
- Manage and participate in special projects that require data and reporting solutions
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years experience working with data to create reports
- Experience with Power BI, SSRS or Tableau reporting tools
- In-depth SQL knowledge and experience with relational databases
- SQL Server or similar experience in an analytical toolset
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Master’s degree
- Experience with healthcare-related industry or similar data-driven organizations
- Requires a unique combination of technical knowledge and business savvy to identify key data needs in the business and utilize reporting tools to address these needs
- Solid analytical abilities
- A high level of attention to both detail and accuracy
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Demonstrates capability to get results in a complex, sometimes ambiguous environment
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.