Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It’s an opportunity to do your life’s best work.(sm)
The Data Analyst II will be responsible for the management & manipulation of provider demographic & contracting data with a focus on building business intelligence tools, conducting analysis, & assuring data quality. This position will support new & existing business, being a key part to both implementations & steady-state success. The Data Analyst II performs analysis, manipulates data & feeds results to business partners for ingestion into our systems. They recommend & implement new or modified reporting methods, system enhancements, improved automation capabilities, & procedures to improve efficiency, data integrity & controls. This individual assists in the writing of business requirements for system enhancements & development. In addition, the Data Analyst II serves as a subject matter expert Facets data elements & functionality.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges. Onsite requirements every 6 months.
- Designs, develops, tests, documents & maintains database queries & data analysis
- Research, cleanse, analyze, organize &/or format data per business need
- Structure large data sets to find usable information; Translates large quantities of in-depth data & creates reports or visuals that display the information’s overall significance
- Manipulates &/or formats data for end-user tools &/or system consumption
- Analyze existing queries, suggest &/or write new queries in effort to improve performance
- Works with provider data process team to create a prioritized list of needs & document additional requirements to enrich reporting & automation capabilities
- Troubleshoots data integrity issues, analyzes data for completeness to meet business needs, & proposes documented solution recommendations
- Converts complex data from multiple sources into meaningful, professional & easy to understand formats for various audiences as defined by department guidelines
- Develop procedures & scripts for data migration & new business implementations
- Supports reporting & analysis on all business initiative projects
- Develop, implement &/or optimize SQL queries; store procedures & functions using T-SQL/PL-SQL
- Build algorithms & prototypes with programming language & tools such as Alteryx, SSIS
- Produce scalable, replicable code & engineering solutions that help automate repetitive data management tasks
- Recommends &/or implements new or modified reporting methods & procedures to improve report content & completeness of information
- Recommends &/or documents new or enhanced automation capabilities to improve provider data loading efficiency & quality
- Write business requirements for reporting or system enhancements; serve as SME with to the developers through the development process.
- Review, interpret &/or write ongoing business report requirements
- Build processes that support data transformation, workload management, & data structures
- Supports leadership with presentation development & monitors metrics ensuring target goals are met
- Influences or provides input to forecasting & planning activities
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Healthcare Administration, Information Technology, or a related field (or 5+ years of equivalent work experience)
- 3+ years of reporting & analytic experience
- 2+ years of experience in SQL with developing efficient, well-performing queries
- 2+ years of experience working in an environment with high-volume workload & competing priorities
- 1+ years of experience working with Alteryx & SSIS or SSRS
- Experience in data gathering, cleaning & transforming techniques
- Advanced level Excel skills
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Data Analytics certification or training
- 1+ years of Facets experience
- 1+ years of Python experience
- 1+ years of experience in Tableau report development
- Experience with performance tuning tools &/or techniques
- Experience in provider data operations or analytics
- Business partner communication & leadership presentation experience a must
- Solid written & verbal communication skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here’s the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world’s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/AffirmativSe Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected bylower 48 law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.