This is your opportunity to join the Deloitte HealthTech Products team – an impact driven unit, focussed on building AI and digital software to help reduce admin burden on clinicians and the NHS. We bring together a range of diverse expertise from clinical to regulatory to software developers and more!
As a clinical data scientist in our product team, you will be designing and building data science algorithms that form the core of our HealthTech products, with a key focus on providing production quality code that can be implemented to software.
You will also:
- Work as part of a team of data scientists to deliver data science production solutions
- Work alongside a great team of clinicians, product managers, UX designers, and engineers to design solutions to complex healthcare problems
- Understand healthcare data and clinical pathways and be able to apply this to product development
- Design a clinically oriented data science approach to tackle complex problems and work with the team to deliver high quality solutions
- Bring an entrepreneurial approach to product ideation and development
- Understand the healthcare market, including limitations of data and data science within an industry context
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: This role will be based in London, with minimal travel commitments
Work pattern: Permanent full-time
Your professional experience
In order to be considered for this opportunity, you should have:
- Experience in health data science, such as statistics, coding and modelling including working in Python or R and a willingness to learn new methodologies
- Experience in a clinical setting
- Experience working with healthcare datasets
- Experience working in Lean, Agile or matrix organisations
- Understanding of data governance and protection arrangements specific to patient data
Preferred but not essential:
- Experience working in data science roles within the healthcare industry
- Experience with software-as-a-medical-device products
- Experience building NLP and automation solutions
- Experience working in Azure cloud environments
Your service line: Consulting
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients' trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your “Immediate Family Members” are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society – defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
For a full job description please visit our online Deloitte Careers portal.