The UK Government is one of the most digitally advanced in the world recently coming top of the United Nations E-Government and E-Procurement surveys. Despite the progress, citizens feel that the country works for those who govern and not for citizens themselves.
People want a more responsive state, they want change and they want it at pace and at scale. In response to those challenges, UK government has a bold IT vision based on user centric design, Agile development, open-source software, continuous delivery, infrastructure automation, cloud computing and a DevOps culture.
What it needs are partner organisations with great people to help put this vision into practice.
Capgemini is one of those partners and we need people like you.
- Appetite for learning new technologies
- Experience debugging complex, multi-server service in a high availability production environment
- Good communication skills both in written and verbal format with the ability to convey complex technical concepts clearly and concisely with internal/external stakeholders who lack technical understanding
- Extremely sound knowledge of GNU/Linux
- Experience of building infrastructure in AWS using Terraform
- Kubernetes Certified
- AWS certification (SysOps/Developer/Architect) – preferred but not essential
- Knowledge and experience of setting up and using configuration management tooling
- Strong Understanding of CI environments and how they facilitate the automation process with other orchestration tools
Things we like:
- Core Networking
- Jenkins / Concourse / Drone
- Git / GitHub / GitLab
- Graphite / Grafana / ELK / Prometheus
- SQL / NO-SQL DB's
- HashiCorp (Packer / Terraform / Vault / Consul)
We want a passionate, energetic Platform Engineer to work as part of our CTO team to help clients build and continuously improve digital services using the best of open source software. We're looking for an Engineer that isn't afraid to roll up their sleeves and get stuck-in and are comfortable talking to clients. You should learn quickly and love a challenge helping build proof of concepts and working with clients to architect solutions to national scale problems. Join us and help grow our already large and strong community of digital specialists, share ideas and innovate. You'll be surrounded by some amazing people and working in one of the best cultures that you can find.
What you'll do:
- Undertake cross-functional engineering projects, working in small teams with other engineers in different knowledge spheres, building supportable, sustainable and reliable services
- Build POCs to help share our knowledge and show clients what Capgemini are capable of delivering
- Work with great engineers – ultimately, it's all about people. Capgemini has a team of great engineers who work together in a community and help each other to deliver and develop as professionals. We work on large scale, technically challenging projects
- Work with great technology – the UK Government has an IT strategy based on user centric design, modern open-source technology, continuous integration/delivery, and modern software architectures such as microservices and cloud technology to name but a few
- Help us achieve our vision – the chance to make a real difference at the heart of the digital transformation within the UK Public Sector
- Get opportunities to develop and progress – working on large scale, technically challenging projects. You will be constantly learning through modern learning environments such as A Cloud Guru, industry conferences and the Capgemini University. You will have the opportunity to attend conferences, support tech meetups, take part in hackathons, gain industry recognised certification and much, much more…