MBDA Missile Systems – Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
Benefits:*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
C# Software Engineer
We have an exciting opportunity for a proactive and passionate software developer to join our Weapons System Simulation and Experimentation team.
WSSE are integral in the development of weapon systems and system architectures, as a result we have developed a capability supporting developments across the full product life cycle.
The team integrate real products, models and synthetic environments to provide visualisation, demonstrations, verification & validation as well as training capability and support.
What we're looking for
We are looking for passionate software developers. The successful candidates will be able to demonstrate exposure to practical software engineering.
- C# / C++ software development
- You will be able to demonstrate your experience / knowledge in some of the following areas:
- Real-Time Software
- Configuration control.
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery or Deployment.
- Unit testing and test driven development.
- Agile development
- You will be part of a team, delivering innovative solutions whilst utilising the latest technologies to provide an end to end representation of the weapon system through:
- Visualisation and demonstrations
- Design and development
- Verification and Validation
- Training Systems.
Development (using agile scrum methodologies) of real-time software components to simulate weapon systems, including the Integration of hardware to provide true representations of our systems.
What's in it for you?
- You will be able to develop your skills and abilities across the whole of the MBDA development lifecycle, supporting some of the world's most advanced defence systems.
- The role will allow you to develop a broader view of systems of systems engineering and enhance your technical skills whilst working in a Synthetic Environment.
- In WSSE we have a number of career paths available, lead developers, Simulations Architects, Simulation Project Leads and Technical Experts to name a few.
Join a great team!
- You will be joining a department that has advanced the use of distributed simulation in Weapon System Design and Development
- You will have the opportunity to work with internationally and industry recognised members of the simulation community
- You will be joining a team delivering innovative Projects that need your inspired approach and enthusiasm
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We're here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families the UK's work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note:MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.