C++ Software Engineer
Christchurch (hybrid working) 12 month contract Pay rate 44.74 p/h PAYE basic ( 51.25 including holiday pay) or 59.68 p/h Umbrella
We are looking to recruit a Software Engineer / Software Developer to work on complex command and control projects for our client in the defence/air sector. You will be developing the systems that exploit tactical data links to enhance and optimise Command, Control and Situational Awareness across the whole battlespace. We are looking for software engineers to help develop in this domain in one of the world's largest engineering companies.
Your main responsibilities as a Software Engineer will involve:
- Ownership of requirements, design and implementation, and test to a high standard, within schedule and estimates
- Software development of solutions
- Testing of completed functionality
- Adherence to project processes and software development practices
- Reporting on progress and providing feedback to team members and leadership
- Supporting System Test and Integration Activities
- Production of appropriate technical documentation
- Diagnosing and solving identified issues
- Design of technical solutions
- Estimation of development activities
- As part of the software team, you will be expected to work closely with team members, and support the team and/or project leadership in daily activities.
- Software development lifecycle and processes (e.g. design, coding, unit testing) and tools (e.g. UML design tools, code IDEs)
- Proven ability of software development including desktop-based applications in an appropriate language: C++, Java
- Windows or Linux target environments
- Object-oriented design/development including UML
- Project specific tools and processes such as DOORS, Enterprise Architect
- A knowledge of Tactical Data Links and Datalink processing from a software implementation perspective would be desirable.
- Knowledge of MFC would also be desirable.
- A 'can do' attitude; deliver within agreed budgets and timescales
- Self-organisation and good time management
- Occasional travel may be required
Please note, due to the sensitive nature of the project all candidates must be capable of gaining a UK MOD Security Clearance to SC standard.
This role shall operate Inside IR35.