Video: MEET US in 2 Minutes!
Are you brave enough tochallenge yourself?
Siemens Digital Industries(DI) is an innovation leader in automation and digitalization. Closely,collaborating with partners and customers, we care about the digitaltransformation in the process and discrete industries. With our DigitalEnterprise portfolio, we provide and encourage companies of all sizes with anend-to-end set of products, solutions, and services to integrate and digitalizethe entire value chain. Meaningful optimization for the specific needs of eachindustry, our outstanding portfolio supports customers to achieve greaterefficiency and flexibility. We are constantly adding innovations to itsportfolio to integrate groundbreaking future technologies. We have our globalheadquarters in Nuremberg, Germany, and have around 75,000 employeesinternationally.
Join our team as C++Developer, Software Engineer, Advanced (SISW-PLM)and work fully remote oroffice based !
You are a sophisticated software engineer whocan craft and maintain server-side code to hold up a flourishingphysics-simulation product that runs both on the desktop and on the cloud. Youcare about modularity, maintainability and backward compatibility, but you'llcall out opportunities to improve. You're deliberate but unafraid to enhancecode in a repository shared among over 200(!) developers. You have theself-discipline and energy to thrive independently with light direction.
Our Core Framework includes the client-serverobject model, along with frameworks that support our scientific functions, andthe automation of our product through querying, journaling and scripting.
Our software product is Simcenter STAR-CCM+. Itperforms highly scalable simulations of an array of physical phenomenaincluding Computational Fluid Dynamics, Electromagnetics and Solid Stress. Itintegrates CAD, physics modeling and post processing tools.
Our customers use Simcenter STAR-CCM+ to designeverything from toothpaste tubes to container ships, from reverse thrusters onpassenger jets to machines that detect pulmonary embolisms.
We are part of Siemens, a leading, worldwideengineering company that produces ground breaking solutions to help peoplethrive.
We are friendly, dedicated and intelligent.
Our comprehensive benefits encourage diverselifestyles. We value work-life balance, and have an open-ended vacation policybased on achieving personal goals.
- Design, document and build robust, extensible software.
- Implement new features and refactor existing code in C++ server of Simcenter STAR-CCM+.
- Collaborate closely with colleagues through tools like Jira, Confluence, Git and Bitbucket.
- Thrive with a modern IDE in a large, distributed environment.
- Work as a team through peer-based design and code reviews.
- Build and maintain automated unit and integration tests.
- Navigate an extensive code base: hundreds of modules and millions of lines!
- Travel occasionally to collaborate in person (up to 2%).
- Degree or commensurate experience in computer science, engineering or mathematics with 3+ years of post-academic experience in software design and development.
- Serious coding chops in object-oriented, current (C++ 17) and modern development tools
- Expertise in crafting client-server, desktop products for Linux and Windows.
- Detailed know-how about client-server communications and parallel programming.
- Application development with large-scale datasets and exacting performance and quality requirements.
- Using a distributed version control system such as Git.
- Issue management using Jira or a comparable system.
- Ability to communicate sophisticated technical issues clearly and concisely.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Experience with client-side Java development.
- Experience with developing a scientific or engineering software application.
- Experience developing applications that interact with databases (SQL and/or NoSQL).
- Expertise in physics and mathematics.
- Contributions to open-source projects
What we offer?
- Competitive salary and benefits (Lunch Subvention, Holiday Allowance, Medical Care, Sport Card, Life Insurance)
- Extra paid vacation days
- Work on implementations as product producer (Siemens) not a partner company
- Interesting and challenging career path within Siemens
- Support with relocation
We offer an international environment with morethan 140,000 customers around the world who already rely on our expertise indigitization. We are involved in exciting and varied customer projects in theaerospace, automotive and transportation, consumer products and retail,electronics and semiconductors, energy and utilities, industrial machinery andheavy machinery, maritime, and medical devices and pharmaceuticals industries.With us, you will find a team-oriented work environment, comprehensive trainingoptions and attractive benefits. Through individual target agreements anddiverse career models with specialization options, we offer you the opportunityto grow professionally and personally.
We are always challenging ourselves to build abetter future. Be part of the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds todevelop tomorrow's reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemenshere: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
We'd love to hear from you, so apply now onsiemens.com!
We look forward to your application! Please useonly our career platform, which you can access via “Apply now”.
Come and learn more about SiemensSoftware: Mission / Vision and oursoftware portfolio – or visit our homepage .
We value equal opportunities and welcomeapplications from people with disabilities . At Siemens, we believe people who've had realexperiences dealing with being different will excel as leaders. Let's foster aculture of creativity and innovation. We will ensure that individuals withdisabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the jobapplication or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and toreceive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us torequest accommodation.
Siemens Digital Industries Software Homepage:
Siemens Digital Enterprise videos:
Siemens PLM & MOM videos:
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software, s.r.o.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
If you are a woman and cannot find jobs within engineering at Siemens that match your location or skill set why not join our talent community. While you're at it, why not set up job alerts to be notified of these fantastic opportunities when they become available!