We havean opportunity for a Business Systems and Data Analyst to join our team in London, Tower Hill/Docklands. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £45,000 to £50,000 per annum + excellent benefits (travel allowance, bonus scheme, pension, health insurance).
The Company is the pioneering data centre colocation provider, an owner operator of Tier III data centres, connectivity and managed ICT solutions to over 2000 market leading corporations around the world. In the UK our Docklands data centre campus facilitates the majority of the London Internet Exchange’s (LINX) capacity, meaning that we support a huge proportion of all UK internet traffic, making our Docklands campus a globally important internet hub.
As our Business Systems and Data Analyst, you will optimise and support business operations by analysing and evaluating the use of business system applications. The stage of the use of system applications will cover solution selection, implementation, go live support, post go live support and optimisation. This position will have business user engagement which will include user onboarding, user support and issue/change request handling.
Key tasks of our Business Systems and Data Analyst:
- Responsible for defined applications for services in scope, including business & functional requirement/application interface requirements capture, proposal creation for process and functionality designs and changes, stakeholder consultation, change implementation planning, change implementation, and post implementation assessment, issue handling as well as risk identification and mitigation actions
- Defining user requirement and analysis, assessing, and establishing relevant business rules, test scripts, , system implementation quality assessment
- Developing and maintaining configuration documents and harmonised design to ensure system set up is fit for business purposes and objectives
- Supporting and monitoring existing infrastructure, including maintenance, backup and keeping up to date with system upgrades
- Issue and Change Management- Advise and inform management, departments and colleagues on technical issues as part of the decision-making process for technical direction and guidance on optimisation of processes
- Responsible for managing user profiles, ensuring log-in details and user profiles are up to date and fit for purpose based on the company’s IT security policy
- Perform tasks for extracting, analysing, and validating various systems data sources in order to achieve set business objectives (projects, initiatives, analysis, business operation improvement and reporting)
- Carrying out data analysing and definitions, taxonomy, logic and flows, designing and running data quality reports to identify any new sources of data pollution – blank fields, incorrect data records, update requirements – ensuring root causes are identified and options to rectify the causes identified (both technical, operational, procedural perspectives)
- Develop and maintain data dictionaries of key systems and produce user guidance on data handling
- Provide consistent approach for better data quality, standardisation of reporting, driving best approach for analysing business status and issues
- Create and maintain BAU documentation: procedures, user manuals, FAQs. Change control
- Responsible for liaising with both internal and external system users to capture any issues proactively, keep a log, proactively resolve issues and ensure all relevant stakeholders are informed of the status
Essential requirements needed to become our Business Systems and Data Analyst:
- Qualified at least to a degree level (2.1 or 1st) in technical or science subjects
- Proven experience in analysing functional & quantitative data and operational issues, analysing business requirements from multiple dimensions, and performing complex data analysis
- Substantial project management experience with proved value added to business
- 5 years’ proven experience in exercising required skills in the telecom, technology, or manufacturing industries
- Working knowledge of cloud-based business applications in the area of finance, CRM and Contract Lifecycle Management
- Advanced skills in the use of MS Excel for data analysis and reporting Understanding of security aspects of IT enabled business process management
- Basic understanding of IT application configuration with analytic views on the logic and conditions/rules
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our Business Systems and Data Analyst, then please click ‘Apply’ today!