Location: Nationwide with preference for DC metro area. Remote work may be available.
Must be a US Citizen eligible for a DoD Secret Clearance.
4S-Silversword Software and Service requires a Big Data Engineer to round out our team. We primarily work within the DoD. The candidate should have experience working in an Agile environment.
- Participate in architecture design
- Design, develop, and implement scalable fault tolerant data pipelines
- Monitor and tune existing pipelines and infrastructure
- Maintain and improve existing solutions
- Build metrics, analysis, machine learning, and dashboard visualizations
- Built analytics and machine learning solutions
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field; or equivalent experience
- Big Data experience in both structured and unstructured data
- 5+ years working with SQL and NoSQL database platforms including data modeling, writing queries, and performing data analysis
- 5+ years demonstrated professional experience with Big Data platforms and tools including Hadoop, GraphDB, Kafka, Spark.
- Expertise with SQL, database design/structures, ETL/ELT design patterns, and datamart structures (star, snowflake schemas, etc.)
- Strong software engineering skills using Python and Scala.
- Work experience on teams using Agile, Scrum, DevOps, and Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Familiarity with DevOps tools, e.g., Jenkins, GIT, Jira, Confluence, Sonar, Nexus
- Experience with Data Lake concepts and design patterns
- Experience with BI Technologies (such as Tableau, Jasper, Cognos, Qlik, Looker, and others)
- Understanding of Data Management and Data governance best practices
- Ability to own a project from inception to completion
- Employer Paid Medical Insurance
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Position may require typing and reading from a computer screen. Must have sufficient mobility, including but not limited to bending, reaching, and kneeling to complete daily duties in a timely and efficient manner. There is a possibility that due to parking availability and location of work, walking moderate to long distance may be required. Possible lifting up to 25 lbs.
Please note: 4S-Silversword Software and Services LLC reserves the right to change or modify job duties and assignments at any time. The above job description is not all encompassing. Positions functions and qualifications may vary depending on business needs.
4S-Silversword Software and Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, creed, religion, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status or legally protected characteristics.