Key Accountabilities (Job Re. CCMS33)
- Delivery and maintenance of web solutions
- Work with architects, designers and engineers to ensure smooth progress from concept to implementation
- Application of policies, procedures, methods, and tools in support of delivery
- Working with the wider team to deliver a product that meets technical and quality criteria
- Support limited legacy systems short term
ClearCourse Membership Services – Solutions Division provides best of breed CRM and integrated digital IT and SaaS solutions to clients based predominantly in the ‘not for profit’ sector. The back-end software engineer will work with our multi-disciplinary team in the delivery of integrated web solutions, predominantly for the not-for-profit sector. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working in a team environment across a variety of projects and in line with agreed schedules. Along with sound technical knowledge, the candidate should be able to produce web solutions that are secure, performant, and maintainable. Reports to the Lead Back-End Web Software Engineer, ClearCourse Membership Services.
- 3+ years as a software engineer focussed around web technologies
- Good communication skills and design detail focussed
- Modern engineering principles, practices and processes such as OOP, MVC, REST, TDD
- Delivering large scale web solutions as well as commercial experience utilising the PHP Symfony framework.
- Working in agile methodology.
- Version Control software (we use a mix of Subversion and Git).
- Automated testing tools and frameworks.
- Integrating RESTFUL API’s.
- Knowledge of SQL databases (we use PostgreSQL, MS-SQL and Oracle).
- Write clean code that is secure, scalable, maintainable, and reusable where possible.
- Optimising for performance.
- Deployment practices e.g. Docker.
- An understanding of security requirements to develop secure services.
- Knowledge of crafting HTML for email.
- Strong inter-personal skills
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, team and quality focused
- Able to communicate effectively with both engineers and senior management
- Appreciation of commercial aspects of software engineering
- Customer focused and results driven.
- Proactive with respect to personal development.
Join a rapidly growing collaborative of disruptive technology companies working together to build a brilliant software and payments business with exceptional people and the best products and services. Across our portfolio of tech platforms, we’re creating an environment where talented entrepreneurs and businesses flourish.
Since our inception in 2018, we’ve acquired software and services companies at a rate of more than one a month, so as a ClearCourse employee you’ll benefit from the feel of an innovative, close-knit start-up environment, with the opportunity to work with significant assets during an exciting phase of our evolution.
We offer a competitive benefits package which includes life assurance, private medical cover, income protection, company pension and 25 days annual leave, as well as additional flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle and enhance your well-being.
Across our whole business, we’re investing in our people, expanding our expertise and developing our vision. Want to get on board? We’d love to speak with you.