Senior DevOps Engineer
Up to 95k plus package
I am currently supporting a global reinsurance business find a Principle DevOps Engineer who has an interest/basic knowledge of DevSecOps/Shift-left.
This role holds real opportunity to take full ownership, drive a function forward by shaking things up a little.
This role is paying a very competitive salary plus bonus and other great benefits.
Key Responsibilities –
- Ensure pipelines exist for all bespoke development projects and that these are kept up to date and evolved over time.
- Assist in the design of cloud environments to maximise performance, maintainability, cost-efficiency and consistency.
- Work with security stakeholders to define needs and design solutions relevant to solving a security problem.
- Contribute to tool evaluation, selection and recommendation as appropriate in the team.
- Definition & documentation application security requirements.
- Provide an advisory service to product teams in good DevSecOps development practice.
- Assist in the creation and ongoing review of KPIs, SLAs and OKRs relating to deployment and security of our product suite.
Experience Required –
- Significant experience in the field of software engineering in .Net with operations and security focus.
- Interest in developing a DevSecOps strategy/culture and supporting and coaching staff through its implementation.
- Knowledge of conducting security checks (static and dynamic code analysis, vulnerability analysis in applications and penetration tests, security component analysis).
- Experience in automation in testing using tools such as Selenium.
- Strong understanding of the Azure platform and deployment technologies that it supports.
- High level of experience with IaC tools (ideally Terraform but also Bicep or Ansible is fine)
- Experience with CI/CD tooling (ideally Azure DevOps) and demonstrable understanding of methodologies
- Knowledge of common security vulnerabilities and mitigations across web, mobile and data applications.
- Knowledge and experience across the following:
- Design patterns
- Git version control
- Agile development using Scrum
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills.
- Able to lead and develop a group of enthusiastic engineers located globally.
- Ability to work across multiple, complex product domains.