At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Tech Consulting Manager, Data Scientist, US (Azure)
EY delivers unparalleled tech consulting services in data strategy, big data engineering, business intelligence, digital, machine learning and Artificial Intelligence. We always support and enable big ideas with the ambition to keep doing more. Come help define the future by creating and implementing solutions in the Microsoft ecosystem.
EY is investing significantly in their award-winning Microsoft Data and AI practice. You will help our clients to enable better business outcomes while working in the rapidly growing cloud space. You will have the opportunity to lead and develop your skill set to keep up with the ever-growing demands of the modern data platform. During implementation you will solve complex analytical problems in an effort to bring data to insights and enable the use of ML and AI at scale for your clients. This is a high growth area and a high visibility role with plenty of opportunities to enhance your skillset and build your career.
Your key responsibilities
As an Azure Data Scientist, Manager, you will be focusing on architecting solutions and managing client engagement teams, working with a wide variety of clients to deliver tech consulting services, and managing business development activities on strategic and global priority accounts.
Skills and attributes for success
- Understanding clients' data strategy, business priorities, and success measures to provide context for designing and building models.
- Translating business requirements to Data Science solutions leveraging strong business acumen.
- Applying technical knowledge to architect solutions that meet business needs, AA/AI roadmaps, and contributing to architectures that enable the ability to scale to support additional modelling use cases (e.g., Azure ML, Azure Data Lake, Azure Databricks, Azure Data Factory, Azure Synapse Analytics, Azure SQL, Azure EventHub/IoT Hub, etc.)
- Collaborating with Microsoft Cloud Solution Architects and Data Platform Engineers in developing complex end-to-end Enterprise solutions on Microsoft Azure platform.
- Designing machine learning pipelines that curate datasets, train, test, and validate models, compare model performance to existing or previously catalogued models, and then package the models and either deploy them to a real-time serving layer or handle batch scoring activities.
- Foster collaboration between DevOps and data science teams within organizations to build MLOps practices
- Ability to conduct data profiling, cataloguing, and data mapping for technical design using a use case-based approach that drives the construction of technical data flows.
- Participating in large-scale client engagements. Fostering relationships with client personnel at appropriate levels. Consistently delivering quality client services. Driving high-quality work products within expected timeframes and on budget.
- Provides directional guidance and recommendations around data technology, data models, data storage and data analytics
- Staying abreast of current business and industry trends relevant to the client's business
- Fostering an innovative and inclusive team-oriented work environment. Playing an active role in counselling and mentoring junior consultants within the organization
To qualify for the role you must have
- Bachelor's degree, or MS degree in Computer Science, Informatics, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Data Science, or Machine Learning. Ph. D. preferred
- Minimum of 5+ years hands-on experience with data science, AI, and big data. Experience with data engineering is a plus
- Deep understanding of statistical and machine learning modeling with experience applying these modeling techniques to business problems
- Machine learning using k-NN, naive bayes, decision trees, SVM experience required
- Experience using data mining and statistical tools
- Solid pattern recognition and predictive modelling skills
- Knowledge of recommendation engines, scoring systems, A/B testing
- Experience leveraging a variety of services to act as data sources such as Azure Data Lake, Azure Synapse Analytics, Azure SQL, Azure EventHub/IoT Hub, etc.
- Hands-on experience with analytics and big data technologies within Microsoft Azure, with experiences in tools such as Azure Data Factory, Azure Machine Learning, Azure Cognitive Services, Azure Databricks and Azure Synapse Analytics.
- Knowledge and experience with leveraging distributed techniques for training and scoring machine learning models, ideally using Azure Databricks
- Knowledge and experience with one or more cloud available Machine Learning frameworks and tools such as Tensor Flow, PyTorch, ONNX, Weka, NumPy, PyMongo, etc.
- Knowledge and experience with Model Management, ideally using Azure ML service and/or MLFlow as well as deployment of models using Azure Kubernetes Service
- Knowledge of using automated machine learning (AutoML) frameworks to enhance productivity
- Experience working in Python, R, Scala, and/or T-SQL
- Extensive experience connecting to Data Platforms including data lakes, data warehouses, NoSQL databases, and APIs.
- Ability to set up data and experimental platforms
- Ability to listen and understand the question and develop and deliver clear insights.
- Ability to deliver work independently as well as with a team
- A valid driver's license in the US; willingness and ability to travel to meet client needs.
Ideally, you'll also have
- Bachelor's Degree or above in mathematics, information systems, statistics, computer science, or related disciplines
- Experience with ETL, ELT, data ingestion/cleansing and engineering skills
- MS Certification: Azure Data Scientist Associate, Azure Fundamentals
What we look for
We're interested in passionate leaders with strong vision and a desire to stay on top of trends in the Data and AI industry. We want a customer-focused professional who is motivated to drive the creation of great enterprise products and who can collaborate and partner with other product teams, and engineers. If you have a genuine passion for helping businesses achieve the full potential of their data, this role is for you.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable law.
EY is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and either need assistance applying online or need to request an accommodation during the interview process, please call 1-800-EY-HELP3, type Option 2 (HR-related inquiries) and then type Option 1 (HR Shared Services Center), which will route you to EY’s Talent Shared Services Team or email SSC Customer Support at [email protected]