An immersive data science day
SAMSARA means the cyclical world
- Have you ever wondered what is going on in the world of applied data sciences?
- How can it benefit you and your organization?
- It is one thing to hear data is gold but what are the actual steps to benefit?
Gyana is inviting you to delve into Samsara – the world of data sciences.
It will be a day of talks, advanced data science tools, real applications, exposure to cutting edge techniques and the world’s biggest ‘data science hackathon’ that requires no data science expertise to win!
100 diverse teams from organizations as varied as law & order to financial services, consumer goods to business schools- will compete. They will use Gyana on open datasets we shall provide. The team that finds the most interesting patterns in the data by 4 pm will win
1000 and their ‘nominated charity’ will also win
1000 on the same day.
Gyana is empowering the world to unleash their data superpowers!
We have a star-studded panel to help us- Jeffrey Ng (CTO at Founders Factory), Barry Carter ( Partner at KPMG ), Thomas Hellmann (Prof of entrepreneurship at Oxford University), Eoin Condren (Investment Director at U+I PLC), Vishal Shah ( Investment Associate at U+I PLC), Ami Kotecha (GM at Amro Living), Irene Lopez de Vallejo (cofounder at Ocean protocol ).
Our speakers involve Nigel Morris (CSO at Dentsu Aegis Network) to Mick Gregorovic (Chief Data Scientist at London Stock Exchange).
We will have music zones, goodie bags, sci-fi shows and delicious food to keep your energy at high levels all day.
What happens if am not a techie?
Gyana requires zero coding experience. Most teams that have registered are not techies.
What happens if I am a techie?
We cannot wait to see what you do with our open-source side!
What charities can I nominate for a 1000 Pound voucher?
Any registered UK charity
Who can participate?
Anyone above 15 and under 80 years of age. Just grab a partner or friend or colleague and join us.
Don’t miss out! Send in a team today.
- 8:00 Breakfast and Team Formation
- 9:00 Keynote and introduction by Nigel Morris, CSO Dentsu Aegis, Board Guardian Media
- 9:30 Hackathon starts
- 12:30 Lunch served -‘Mental Wellness Sessions by Isha Foundation
- 13.30 Hackathon continues
- 16:00 Presentation Submission, Talk by Barry Carter (KPMG) on what we are looking for in the winning entries
- 16:20 Mental Wellness, Talk by Isha Foundation
- 16.30 David Kell (Cofounder Gyana) announces top 10 finalists
- 17:00 Applied data science
talk by Eoin Condren (U+I Plc), talk by Miro Gregorovitch (London Stock Exchange)
- 17:30 Panel discussion by Jeffrey Ng (CTO at Founders Factory), Irene Lopez De Vallejo(Board IoT), Vishal Shah (U+I Plc) moderated by Ami Kotecha (Amro partners)
- 18:00 Top 10 announcement and final presentations, Joyeeta Das (CEO Gyana)
- 18:30 The winners walk
- 19:00 Networking and drinks
- 20:30 Close
The topics for this year:
- Environment and sustainability
‘how can we make the earth more liveable and healthier
- Wealth distribution and economic reform how can we create economic justice
- Equality and social justice how can minorities and social equality be reinforced
***BRINGING YOUR OWN LAPTOP IS ESSENTIAL***
If you have any questions please contact [email protected]