REUTERS NEXT?kicks off 2021 by gathering global leaders?and forward thinkers to reimagine solutions to the challenges the new year brings.
After the extraordinary upheavals of 2020, we will come together to look ahead at opportunities for change and growth, as well as how to deal with the rifts and problems that our world and our societies face.
No country,?company or community?can?tackle the future?alone. To build a better world, thinkers and doers must come together to share ideas, collaborate and act.
REUTERS NEXT draws on Reuters global reach to host diverse voices from around the world who will examine topics from different perspectives, bringing their passion, experience and expertise to find new ways forward.
Join the conversation at REUTERS NEXT as we look ahead, together.
What is NEXT?
Four days of agenda setting discussion
Led by Reuters editors, this four-day event has been carefully curated to address the most critical global issues of the day.
POLITICS, POLICY AND PROGRESS
- Trade wars: from tech to oil, drawing today’s battle lines
- Collective uncertainty: navigating continuity & the post-BREXIT future
- The world in 2021: the fallout from the U.S. election & the rise of populism
ECONOMICS: FINANCING THE RECOVERY
- How to recover: finding ways out of a global recession
- Taxes and the evolving consumer: how to unleash spending power
- The future of innovation: global tech vs regulation
A SUSTAINABLE FUTURE
- An inclusive, green recovery: who will act first?
- A carbon-neutral future: how to lead the way to net zero
- Zero waste: global supply chains & the circular economy
RADICAL REDESIGN: LIVE, WORK & MOVE
- The new working world: challenges & opportunities of a distributed workplace
- See the world or save the world: the future of travel
- The big if: the reliance on vaccines to create a new normal
MEDIA AND FREE SPEECH
- Freedom of speech vs. regulation: the misinformation battleground
- Publisher or platform? The evolving role of social media in the digital news ecosystem
- Press freedom and the rise of authoritarianism