Energia de Portugal 2014 is a tech accelerator program taking place in Lisbon. Applications are opened for Portuguese, Chinese and Brazilian startups. Participation in Energia de Portugal requires full time presence of selected teams in Portugal for a period of a month. For Chinese and Brazilian startups accepted in the program, the organization will fund transport and living expenses for 2 members of each team.
It is very easy. You just have to complete the application form and meet the following requirements:
- The team must have at least two elements and not more than four. Individual participation is not allowed and trademarks and legal persons cannot apply.
- The elements of each team must be at least 18 years old and live in Portugal, Brazil or China.
- The business idea must be oriented to the field of clean technologies, which includes segments of the environmental economy such as recycling, renewable energy (wind power, solar energy, biomass, hydropower, and biofuels), information technology, green transport and lighting, for example.
After submitting the application forms the teams will be contacted by the organization. Some additional elements can be required about the team and/or the project to make a decision about the application.
The teams selected in Brazil and in China will have to travel to Portugal to attend the bootcamp and investment pitch sessions. The organization will pay the costs of travel and subsistence.
Here is the calendar of the event:
- 28th June – beginning of applications
- 26th August – End of applications in Brazil
- 1 – 5 September – Team selection in São Paulo
- 2nd September – End of applications in China
- 8 – 12 September – Team selection in Shanghai
- 9th September – End of applications in Portugal
- 15 – 19 September – Team selection in Lisbon
- 20th October – 1st bootcamp
- 27th October – 2nd bootcamp
- 3rd November – 3rd bootcamp
- 10th November – 4th bootcamp
- 14th November (to be confirmed) – Investment pitch