About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Workday Senior Software Engineer
In this role, you will:
- Acts as a liaison between client area and technical organization by planning, conducting, and directing the analysis and engineering of highly complex, strategic, corporate-wide business problems to be solved with automated systems.
- Acts in a lead technical role providing technical guidance and consultation with application teams, clients, and Engineering Managers for their technology domain environments including but not limited to cloud, middleware, operating systems, applications, Software-as-a-Service, and Platform-as-a-Service products.
- Design, code, test, debug and document programs using Agile development practices.
- Provides the strategy and design for projects associated with their technology domain including, upgrades and deployments.
- Utilizes advanced technologies and methods to integrate their technology domain with other technology domains, enabling the creation of new or expanded heterogeneous environments.
- Develops new documentation and departmental technical procedures. Directs the gathering of performance statistics to assist in determining hardware and communication tools needed to support projected transaction volumes, response time and system availability targets.
- Assures quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported technology domain.
- Leads projects and as an escalation point, provides guidance and direction to less experienced staff in resolution of highly complex technical problems.
Required Qualifications, US:
- 4+ years of Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 4+ years of experience working with configurable SaaS applications, such as Workday, Oracle or SAP
- 4+ years of business systems analysis or design experience
- 4 + years of technology release or implementation experience
- 4+ years of experience with unit testing, system testing and integration testing
- 3 + years of project management experience working on application development projects
- 4+ years experience working with Human Resources technology solutions, for example PeopleSoft, Oracle, SAP or Workday.
- 3+ years of Talent and/or Performance Management technology systems experience
- Leadership skills including the ability to influence effectively in a matrix environment
- Experience with Agile Scrum (Daily Standup, Sprint Planning and Sprint Retrospective meetings) and Kanban
- Experience with one or more Agile tools used for tracking user stories or backlogs, such as Confluence or Jira.
- A BS/BA degree or higher in information technology
- 2+ years of experience with SAS or SQL, or other data management, reporting and query tools
- 2+ years of experience designing reports intended for an operational audience
- Ability to identify customer needs and obstacles and take the necessary steps to problem solve
- Expert level of experience and abilities in meeting facilitation and issue resolution
- Excellent communication skills and ability to articulate complex material to a diverse audience
- Experience working in a virtual environment with internal and external teams.
- Ability to shift priorities as work flow/volume dictates
- Ability to travel 10%
- Ability to work outside business hours
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.