LA Company Looking for a Cloud Architect
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Patrick McCarthy
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $130,000 – $230,000 per year
A bit about us:
Exciting rapidly growing financial service company is adding to their high retention technology team.
Why join us?
Health and Wellness Programs
Based in downtown Los Angeles, this position will be part of the Information Technology Infrastructure and Operations team. The IT I&O team is part of the global Information Technology organization and oversees the firm’s technology infrastructure including Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure Cloud Services, Data Center Operations, Network Engineering, Technology Services, IT Governance & Release Management, Database Administration and Cybersecurity. It is expected the candidate would work in the office 3 days per week as part of our Hybrid working model.
Responsibilities for this role include:
- Develop cloud best practices and ensure its consistent use across the enterprise
- Develop stable, standardized and repeatable architectural standards for cloud solutions
- Establish cloud governance, guidelines, processes, and tools to ensure successful deployment and monitoring of cloud solutions
- Oversee systems migration to the cloud
- Leverage infrastructure-as-code frameworks to provision and maintain cloud resources
- Partner with cloud security teams to harden and secure cloud infrastructure
- Build cloud reference architecture, select and deploy tools for managing cloud service expenses to optimize costs and ensure cloud security across cloud solutions
- Design dynamic provisioning/de-provisioning of cloud services at runtime based on demand
- Improve availability, resiliency, and recoverability of key systems by leveraging modern configuration management, deployment methods, and architectural patterns
- Work closely with DevOps teams to enable runtime environments that provide container and serverless solutions
- Enhance observability and supportability of the public cloud platform
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience, preferably within the asset management or financial services industry, a plus
- Strong architecture and design experience in large-scale, high-performance enterprise systems requiredpet
- Hands-on experience with focus on designing highly available, scalable and reliable cloud solutions.
- Hands-on experience on AWS environment configuring AWS services and creating pipelines for Microservices/ Lambda functions; and in using CDK
- Experience in defining new architectures and ability to drive project from an architecture standpoint
- Experience with core AWS Services including EC2, ELB, ASG, VPC, S3, CloudWatch, CloudFormation, CloudTrail, ECS, and EKS
- AWS Cloud Infrastructure provisioning and management, setting up and configuring the cloud infrastructure (VPC, Subnets, Security Groups)
- Hands-on experience with Network setup (DNS, LoadBalancer, Protocols, CIDRs, VPN, SSL).
- Good experience in writing scripts using Shell, Python, etc.
- Familiarity with JSON, Ansible, Chef or Puppet
- Self-starter with a proven ability to take initiative
- Responsible with a strong work ethic and sense of dedication
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Works well under pressure and with time constraints
- Outstanding organization skills with high attention-to-detail
- Possess intellectual curiosity to improve systems and processes
- Team-oriented with strong integrity and professionalism; and
- Must be able to handle highly confidential information and situations with professionalism and tact.
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button.