To analyse regulatory communications and updates across EMEA regulators regarding all trade and transaction reporting regulation and updates including European Market Infrastructure Regulation (EMIR), Markets in Financial Instruments Regulation and Directives (MiFID/MiFIR II) and Securities Financing Transaction Regulation (SFTR)
- To determine the impact on the bank and document detailed technical business requirements to support new requirements and reflect any required changes to ensure the organisation remains compliant and to increase efficiency and reduce risk.
- Present at the TTRC (Trade and Transaction Reporting Committee).
- Track and analyse regulatory communications and updates across EMEA and work with the SMEs and end users to understand and document the practical implications for all associated systems and processes.
- Concise ongoing update and revision of the all applicable Traceability Matrixes.
- Communicate with internal colleagues to understand the current practise and processes of departments and the organisation, including liaising with EMEA offices to identify where change is required and to ensure compliance across the region
- Oversee system changes and timescales required to introduce regulatory changes and ensure the correct governance of the change process
- Work closely with the SMEs to appraise stakeholders of the potential impact of regulatory change on the service, function or system/s highlighting the options, impact and potential links between required changes on the existing infrastructure so that well informed decisions can be made
- Communicate clearly within a multi-disciplinary team, gain consensus for the best solution and implement the required changes to maintain compliance with regulation and/or gain efficiencies. Ensure that the benefits of changes and recommendations are made clear to the relevant departments and to senior stakeholders and address any uncertainty and concern.
- Detail the appropriate business requirements and regulatory technical specification to support any changes or new requirements to ensure the bank is compliant
- Support and involve the appropriate staff and teams in the QA, testing and delivery of changes, including helping to resolve any issues.
- Attend industry forums to horizon scan and stay aware of upcoming regulatory or market changes.