CME Group are looking for an experienced, highly-talented engineer to work as a Tech Specialist within CME Belfast's Engineering and Execution (E&E) team. They will be a hands-on, forward-thinking technical lead, initially working in the Credit application space within the much sought-after Trade Execution department.
There's never been a more exciting time to join! CME Group ( Press Release ) have recently entered into a long-term strategic partnership with Google Cloud that will transform global derivatives markets, by migrating our technology infrastructure to Google Cloud (GCP) and becoming a fully cloud based company.
The Tech Specialist will:
- be responsible for delivering resilient, performant, scalable software that must have the capacity to seamlessly facilitate the busiest trading days in the world economy
- play a lead role collaborating with architecture and analysis teams to develop understanding of business asks and solution proposals,
- provide constructive feedback and input on both work effort estimation as well as architecture/design improvements.
- build organisational networks and partner effectively within team and across teams, ensuring we build the right solutions
- be a senior code reviewer ensuring we hold ourselves to the highest standards, while proactively identifying and mitigating potential issues and defects.
- provide technical direction on the emerging architecture of applications, using own research and POCs on new technologies to steer
- advocate and drive continuous improvement efforts (process improvements, automation etc.)
- practice and advocate a test-first mindset
- act as a team player and assist teams to achieve delivery milestones
- mentor fellow team members allowing them to fulfil their potential
- Expertise in core Java skills and writing clean code
- Experience with middleware technologies.
- Prior experience working with BDD methodologies and automated acceptance criteria.
- Passion to keep up with tech trends and continually learning
- Ability to learn, adapt and react to business needs & technology problem
- Knowledge of financial markets and working with financial applications.
- Knowledge of financial messaging protocols, and in particular FIX.
- Knowledge of GCP (staff will have opportunity to gain GCP certifications)
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made
CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is the world's leading derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. With 3,500 employees located around the world, we're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.