Technical Solutions Architect – Java / Cloud Environment – £110K + Bonus + Package
Slough, Berkshire / Home
An excellent opportunity has arisen with a global brand who provide cutting edge marketing solutions to the worlds largest financial services, retail and telecommunication companies. These are technical and data driven solutions. The Technical Solutions Architect provides problem solving, analysis, and technical support for their client and the internal development teams. This role is technical in nature, but actual coding isn't part of the responsibilities. This person should know how to dig into code, see how things are working, identify system defects and publish documentation around the solutions.
Role & Responsibilities
- Architect, develop & communicate development frameworks, blueprints, design patterns and reusable solution assets
- Develop domain expertise & become a solution evangelist to business & technology leaders
- Develop communities of interest & provide thought leadership in one or more areas of technology
- Mature & promote CI/CD practices across application portfolio
- Work on initiatives with diverse scope where analysis of design requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current industry trends
- Ensure alignment to architecture principles (performance, agility, reuse, etc.) and conceptual completeness of the technical solution
- Create architectural technology and business roadmaps
- Lead functional teams & contribute to the achievement of Architecture and IT objectives
- Implement strategic policies when selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- Design and deliver high quality integration solutions that satisfy project requirements and meet Ratings enterprise needs.
- Provide leadership on enterprise technologies and platforms such as portal, workflow, publishing, REST, SOA, caching, cloud and analytics, mobile and others
- Function as a trusted technical advisor that collaborates with both business and technical stakeholders
Essential Skills and Experience:
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or Enterprise Architecture
- 10+ years of Information Technology experience
- 8+ years of architecture experience in an enterprise Java technology environment building large-scale, customer-facing applications.
- Expert in microservices architecture and building/using APIs.
- 1-2 years of experience with AWS cloud technologies.
- Experience with Domain Driven Design and Event Driven Architecture.
- 3+ years of experience with real-time data processing using Spark and Kafka.
- Experienced in relational database design with current experience coding/building an application with SQL/NoSQL.
- 1+ years of experience employing TOGAF architecture development methodology and documentation standards.
- £110k basic salary
- up to 10% company pension contribution
- Private Healthcare
- Employee Assistance Programme
- 4x Base Salary Life Assurance