This role is open to qualified candidates in the USA/Canada, the UK and the EU/EEA.
We are looking for a Technical Lead / Head of Engineering. This is an important role for our company, responsible for technical delivery of both our carbon credit analytics platform, as well as the web and mobile applications and APIs supporting our SaaS product suite. You will work closely with all areas of the company, including the Research and Analytics team and Product Management in translating user needs into technical requirements. While your first reflex is to roll up your sleeves and ‘get on with it’, you are also able to hire, develop, and lead your own technical team of developers, lead quality assurance and help drive automation across the company and teams. You will manage an Agile development process, deploying and monitoring applications in the cloud.
What you’ll do
- Lead development of the customer portal app & API development and backend system for internal analytics
- Build or contract own software engineering team of developers and testers and take ownership of delivering results
- Initially provide and maintain a small and scalable cloud infrastructure
- Own Calyx Global’s IT architecture and technical roadmap
- Ensure evolution of the technology stack to constantly improve internal processes and business capabilities
- Establish CI/CD process and project management process
- Manage and lead the ongoing platform stability, DevSecOps processes and structure, internal controls, and Cybersecurity
Skills and Competencies
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in computer science;
- Minimum of five years work experience in a technical setting;
- Demonstrated leadership ability;
- Ability to document processes and specifications;
- Fluency in Internet technologies (e.g. Python, NodeJS, AWS);
- Experience designing scalable web applications
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current practices and trends in the application of technology to solve complex problems;
- Experience working with a diverse and international community;
- Experience in a startup environment;
What's in it for You?
- A role in shaping the future of carbon markets and positioning them to have a bigger positive impact on climate, the planet and people
- An opportunity to join Calyx Global at a foundational time, help set the team’s trajectory and co-create the culture, processes, and systems
- Access to the company’s equity compensation plan
To apply, or for more information, please email [email protected]