Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Survey Data Analyst is responsible for data processing and analysis activities required for job preparation, field support, office QC, final reporting QC, final deliverable QC, and project close out activities. This position will remotely connect to our facilities in the Angola, USA and Brazil to operate our night-shift data processing of ROV, conventional, Freedom and AUV surveys.
As part of the global approach, the Survey Data Analyst will assist in processing of data and coordinate these efforts with team members in other regions. This position interfaces closely with the offshore staff, GIS and Project Management teams to support a range of survey efforts and deliverables.
Everyday activities may include, but are not limited to, data processing and analysis support for photogrammetry and subsea pipeline surveys (As-Laid, As-Built, Inspection and Out of Straightness) using multibeam echosounders and LIDARs, as well as geophysical route surveys, and data QC of construction data (structure installation and orientation, as-left pipe or umbilical lays, LBL, USBL and metrology).
Involvement with and support of the Company's competency, HSE and quality programs is expected.
- Provide data management, QC, and analysis to ROV pipeline, AUV and construction surveys
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Attention to detail
- Timely and diligent execution of assigned tasks
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Willingness to mentor other team members
- Comply with company safety rules and training, conduct operations safely and report any unsafe condition or practices immediately to his / her supervisor
- Assist, train and directly work within regional offices
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities
- Survey and Positioning Data Manager
- Bachelor's degree or higher in related field or comparable work experience
- A minimum of five years of experience in offshore and / or onshore surveying, preferably in the offshore activities detailed above, or demonstrates the equivalent skill level and knowledge to perform required duties
- Must demonstrate practical experience of data management, data analysis, mapping and data standards and associated software
- Possess adequate M365 Microsoft skills, specifically Word, Outlook, Excel, Teams, OneNote skills
- Have beginning AutoCAD and other required software knowledge
- Understand DGPS, geodetics, USBL, and surface / subsea survey sensors
- LBL and Metrology data processing and understanding
- ROV pipeline data processing ability, specifically multibeam oriented surveys
- NaviEdit, NaviModel and NaviPac, Qimera and FMGT
- Photogrammetric knowledge, specifically using Agisoft Metashape
- Strong technical writing abilities
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
Planning and Organizing / Human Resource Management / Developing Others/ Decision Making / Results Orientation:
- Ability to make objective decisions timely and effectively
- Skill to recognize when decisions or information should be referred to a higher authority
- Ability to establish and maintain project priorities
- Skill to effectively manage time and organize information to meet operational needs and desired outcomes
- Provides/ develops appropriate documentation to track progress of a project
Health and Safety / Technology / Stress Management / Thoroughness / Analytical Thinking / Forward Thinking:
- Knowledge of methods and techniques used in safety inspections and accident prevention
- Knowledge of principles, practices and methods of safety and health as it relates to employees and the public
- Skill to work effectively under pressure
- Ability to use various information technology systems required for successful job performance
- Be able to prepare numerous work product types under supervision
Client Focus / Communication / Ethics and Integrity / Business Administration / Accounting and Financial:
- Ability to determine and meet customer needs
- Respond to clients in a positive and truthful manner
- Ensures that regular and consistent communication takes place within area of responsibility
- Maintain inter-office and project confidentiality
- Respond politely to members of the community
- Working as a team member/ getting along with co-workers
- Responding in a positive manner to supervision
- Ability to accept responsibility for your actions
- High standards of honesty, integrity, trust and ethical behavior
This position is considered primarily office with some field work which is characterized as follows:
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the workplace
- Work surface is stable (flat)
- Occasional work offshore / in the field, such as vessel visits
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHT work.
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.