Careers at Bind, part of the UnitedHealthcare family of businesses. At Bind, we work to make health insurance personal with the clarity, flexibility and power people deserve. We took the old model of health insurance apart and are rebuilding it from floor to ceiling, from studs to rafters. We're not iterating a tired design or nudging a change-resistant industry, we're delivering what people want now – clear prices, timely support, personal choice, flexibility and an intuitive experience. Help build different and make a difference by doing your life’s best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
Bind is going beyond the traditional ‘Provider Directory’ used by most health insurers. We are building a clean, innovative database of healthcare providers, including predictions about the services that each provider offers. With our unique Benefit design, we put price tags on these providers and services in a consumer-friendly app. This empowers our members with all the information they need to make decisions about their health.
To build this database, Bind is looking to apply innovative methods (e.g., machine learning) and non-standard data sources (e.g., google places). This role will play an integral part in this effort; responsibilities include:
- Analyze and assess industry sources for information about practitioners and locations, including the services they offer
- Identify, validate, and coordinate the building of prediction algorithms for the practitioners and locations in our network
- Become the "go-to person" on provider data analytics at Bind
- Work with Bind’s data partners to find and resolve data issues
- Build and monitor reports and dashboards based on Bind’s data
- Participate in internal and external communications regarding Bind’s data improvements
- Partner with internal stakeholders to identify requirements and deliver intended results
- Manage and integrate feedback from Bind employees, members, and employers
- Undergraduate degree
- 3+ years of experience in analytics, consulting, or related field
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- 1+ years working with Python or SQL and relational databases
- 1+ years working healthcare administrative data (e.g. claims, enrollment, provider directory)
- Experience with machine learning and/or advanced modelling
- Working knowledge of clinical data domains and code sets (CPT, ICD, DRG, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Solid ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities in a highly dynamic environment
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- High attention to detail
- Innate curiosity to learn more
- Loves exploring new datasets and uncovering quirks / relationships in data
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.