It all started with an idea at Block in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app, bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, borrow and save to our millions of monthly active users. With a mission to redefine the world's relationship with money by making it more relatable, instantly available and universally accessible, at Cash App you'll have the opportunity to make a real-world impact with your career.
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees around the world with a culture geared toward creativity, collaboration and impact. Weve been a distributed team since day one, and continue to value working across time zones and continents both remotely and in our Cash App offices.
Our offices are great, but many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Block operates. We tailor our experience to champion our employees creativity and productivity wherever they are.
Check out our locations, benefits and more at cash.app/careers.
This is a ground floor opportunity to join a team responsible for launching new innovative products in the rewards and incentives space. The goal of this team is to help our users save money and our merchant partners grow their business. Some of the products we are excited about are offers, rewards, gift cards, and affiliate linking. The products launched by this team have the potential to become one of the largest revenue drivers within Cash App. Your contributions will be used by millions of users and have a key impact in shaping a critical area for Cash App.
- Scope, build, and scale products, systems, and services that are loved by our millions of customers.
- Work cross-functionally with our non-engineering partners (Product and Design) and adjacent engineering teams (Mobile, Machine Learning, and Data Science) to create new product experiences and developer APIs
- Lead and participate in critical technical, design, and product decisions.
- Work with a supportive team of growth-minded engineers that value collaboration and execution focus.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 10-12+ years of experience engineering backend systems.
- Demonstrated technical initiative and leadership on large projects.
- Experience architecting and developing solutions to ambiguous problems at scale.
Technologies We Use And Teach (experience Not Required)
- Java, Kotlin
- HTTP, JSON, gRPC, Protocol Buffers
- OkHttp, Jetty, JUnit, Guice
- Hibernate, MySQL, DynamoDB
- Kafka, events, microservices
- DataDog, Prometheus, SignalFx
Were working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what were doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD54566975, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD54566975 is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.