Vericast is a premier marketing solutions company that accelerates profitable revenue growth for the 70,000 businesses it serves directly by influencing consumer purchasing and transaction behavior at scale while engaging with over 120 million households daily. Its major business units, Valassis, Harland Clarke, Save.com, and QuickPivot are recognized as leading providers of incentives, advertising, marketing services, transaction solutions, customer data and cross-channel campaign management, and intelligent media delivery that create millions of customer touch points annually for their clients. For more information, visit http://www.vericast.com or follow Vericast on LinkedIn.
We are seeking a highly creative AWS Senior Software Engineer who will be instrumental in the design and development of our award-winning cross channel marketing suite. If you're passionate about creating scalable, high performing code, and unafraid to roll up your sleeves and dive into the details, then this is the right fit for you.
- You will help establish best-practices, patterns, and development frameworks (modular architecture) within the scrum team and across teams for cloud products.
- You will work with other technical teams to help build and scale the right solutions to address the challenges and needs of the business.
- You will help implement comprehensive solutions by understanding customer problems, product goals and technical requirements; seek input from Product.
- Design and build modern cloud applications 30%
- Evaluate and make decisions around the use of new or existing technologies and tools 20%
- Take part in all scrum events 10%
- Work with leadership team in addressing any obstacles that can delay the team from meeting deliverables 10%
- Enable communication and cross-team collaboration 10%
- Coach, mentor, provide feedback, and maintain trust with the team 10%
- Resolve technical challenges and manage the quality of team deliverables 10%
- 3+ years developing software applications in AWS driving quality, best practices, code management, etc.
- 2+ years programming experience using Python
- 1+ years experience with, but not limited to, microservice architecture (Docker, Kubernetes), Infrastructure as Code (CloudFormation, Terraform), and database coding (Aurora, SQL, MySQL)
- Experience with multiple AWS services (Lambda, S3, EC2, ECS, RDS, DynamoDB)
- 1+ years experience with distributed scalable Big Data technologies, including Snowflake, Redshift, AWS EMR, or similar
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Development tools and practices
- Thorough understanding of Software Development Lifecycle and Agile methodologies
- API development experience supporting large scale, continuously available systems a plus
- Experience working on a product sold to external customers from the ground up on AWS is a plus
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect or Developer Associate
- Ability to work independently as well as embedded within a team
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment with multiple, changing priorities
- Strong data analysis and debugging skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Issue and bug tracking and wiki documentation (JIRA, Confluence)
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
Vericast offers a generous total rewards benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, 401K matching and generous PTO allowance. A wide variety of additional benefits like life insurance, employee assistance and pet insurance are also available, not to mention smart and friendly coworkers!
At Vericast, we dont just accept differences – we celebrate them, we support them, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our clients and our community. Vericast considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classifications protected by law. In addition, Vericast will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities by contacting us at: [email protected] EEO is the law. To review your rights under Equal Employment Opportunity please visit: www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.