Arm's Machine Learning Group is seeking highly motivated and creative Software Engineers to join a Cambridge-based driver development team!
This role presents an excellent opportunity to move into Machine Learning (ML), the key development for the future of computing. Working on the groundbreaking Arm technology, you will be crafting the software that powers the next generation of mobile apps, portable devices, and much more.
About the role
As a staff software engineer you are going to be contributing to the design and implementation of a ML compiler, ensuring that it integrates well in the ML software stack. This includes diverse areas such as input network graph processing and transformation, low-level hardware programming, efficient memory allocation as well as optimisation across the whole software stack.
More than anything else, you must have a willingness to absorb as much as possible about this new frontier. Given the impact and reach of this field, you’ll be required to share this knowledge with other specialists across the company.
What technical skills and experience should I have?
- Experience of the software lifecycle, having taken complex software from feasibility through to production and support
- Strong programming expertise, including very good C++ skills and knowledge of a scripting language such as Python
- Understanding of how to rigorously test software and design software for test
- Experience across different development platforms, possibly having worked with software models and development boards
- Ideally exposure to some of the following: compiler development; driver development; knowledge of Neural Network Processing Units (NPU) or Graphics Processing Units (GPU) and how they are used for ML.
Knowledge of ML tools and techniques are not required, as learning on the job is possible. But if you have dabbled already, be sure to let us know!
What about interpersonal skills?
- Capable of working independently, or in small groups.
- High degree of initiative and a proven problem solver.
- Fluent in English language, both written and spoken.
- Good communicator, personable and able to work and communicate at a detailed or high level.
We offer a competitive reward package including annual bonus, RSUs and healthcare support. As well as other benefits such as an on-site gym and social events that are organised within the company!
On top of the already compelling Life at arm, we are famous of our team culture – regular career conversations, remarkable diversity, equity and inclusion approach and continuous improvement mentality.
We are offering a hybrid approach to home and office working to provide an adaptable experience for all employees. We expect some working time to be spent in office, to promote a strong collaborative environment with good team integration but are accommodating to different home working requirements.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.