We are looking for experienced software engineers with a strong understanding of computer architecture and mobile applications to develop and investigate existing and emerging use-cases to help define future IP from Arm and our partners.
Use your knowledge of software to develop a deep understanding of critical use cases, considering how workloads utilise available compute and memory resources. This will involve collaborating with partners to establish which use cases best represent the range of performance and power requirements in Client computing.
You will then build and characterise workloads representative of modern Android and Windows applications, informing our engineering teams and enabling optimised solutions for future products.
What will you be accountable for?
– Software Development in Android and/or Windows
– De-composition and characterisation of workloads based on complex real-world use-cases
– Production of reliable, robust research and analytics to inform future engineering and technology requirements.
– Innovation, investigation, definition and development of new tools and flows for collecting, inferring, and presenting relevant data and forming conclusions from the results.
– Simulation of future SoC IP configurations to explore full system performance and to help influence partners IP selection.
– Profiling generation-on-generation performance of mobile SoCs to fully understand the competitiveness of Arm based devices.
– Take a lead role in projects, work with both external and internal partners, and mentor junior engineers.
Desired Skills and Experience:
– University degree or equivalent in Computer Science or Engineering, although other fields will also be considered
– Knowledge of computing hardware in areas such as CPU and GPU architecture, and SoC design
– Practical understanding of factors which influence device performance
– Software development experience ideally relevant to performance analysis and benchmarking in languages such as Python and Java
– Familiarity with statistical analysis and confidence presenting data for different audiences
– Excellent communications skills, ambitious and well-organised
– Highly productive with the ability to work well as part of a team
‘Nice To Have’ Skills and Experience:
Experience with application development in Android
You will need many of the above skills and experiences to do the job, and a strong interest in learning the rest. If you are unsure if you have the right skills or not then it is worth applying!
The successful candidate will get an opportunity to play a large part in the success of Arm and of Arm partners by ensuring the engineering teams have the data and information to develop the appropriate solutions for an improved user experience.
We provide competitive remuneration packages including private medical insurance. We provide a thriving environment where we are encouraged to be our "brilliant self", with a "Passion for Progress", and a "We Not I" mentality!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.