Are you looking for an exciting and ambitious role, with the possibility to work on the cutting edge of mobile GPU technology? Are you looking to use your technical and leadership skills to help drive your career?
Arm is seeking highly skilled and motivated engineers to join our Agile firmware development team producing key components for the next generation Mali’ products. We work closely with the multi-disciplined engineering teams across Arm's European design centres, being in constant contact with both Software and Hardware engineers as well as Architects.
We have a strong track record of building up expertise in people, so this is a phenomenal opportunity for learning new things in a friendly and collaborative environment. Join a multinational, multifaceted and highly motivated software development group with great work ethics where you will enjoy the support of your colleagues while being challenged by exciting technical problems. If you like producing high quality, high performance SW and solving sophisticated technical problems, then we would love to hear from you.
What you will be involved with:
Developing, maintaining and improving existing firmware codebase and design. You will gain an inside view of design and working of modern GPU hardware while adding new features to an evolving component. Your contributions will influence the implementation for billions of devices.
Day to day activities would include:
- Participating in all phases of development of the firmware including design, implementation, debugging, estimating and breaking down tasks, testing and documentation.
- Performing design and code reviews for other team members.
- Working closely with other HW and SW teams for interfacing and integrating with other components.
- Helping hardware validation by writing firmware tests and debugging the expected hardware behaviour.
GPU Engineering produces media processing hardware and software products for mobile, embedded and automotive industries. Our Mali’ Graphics Processor is the #1 shipping GPU. Now we are entering into a new growth phase to provide new technologies and products for new and existing markets and are looking for hardworking people to join the team.
In GPU Engineering you will work with the world’s best companies, making world-leading products based on our IP alongside the best engineers in the world. We are a global team working across numerous sites and cultures. Your ideas will make a difference and you will have the opportunity to lead, challenge the status quo and ultimately change the world of media processing.
Please have a look at the following video to see what it's like to work with us: https://youtu.be/F4tNBNBgYEY
Skills & Experience required:
- Demonstrable experience in C programming.
- Demonstrable experience designing embedded applications.
- Proficiency in problem solving and debugging skills.
- Deep understanding of embedded systems and computer architecture.
- Excellent team working skills, drive, self-motivation and focus on results.
- Practical, organised and analytical approach to work.
- Experience of version control and bug tracking.
- Experience developing firmware for MCU platforms.
- Experience of leading and managing teams.
- Understanding of RTOS for MCUs.
- Understanding of memory subsystems technology.
- Understanding of Linux.
More About Arm
Arm is at the heart of the world's most sophisticated digital IP products. Our technology enables the creation of new markets and transformation of industries and society. We design scalable, energy efficient-processors and related technologies to deliver the intelligence in applications ranging from sensors to servers, including smartphones, tablets, enterprise infrastructure and the Internet of Things.
Our innovative technology is licensed by ARM Partners who have shipped billions of Systems on Chip (SoCs) containing our intellectual property since the company began in 1990. Together with our Connected Community, we are breaking down barriers to innovation for developers, designers and engineers, ensuring a fast, reliable route to market for leading electronics companies.