GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. GRAIL, LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Illumina, Inc. (NASDAQ:ILMN). For more information, please visit .GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is passionate about alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing groundbreaking technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. For more information, please visit .GRAIL UK is looking for expert full-stack Staff Software Engineers to join its product engineering team based in our London office. The product engineering team is tasked with the development of systems that support collaborative efforts between GRAIL and its partners. You will work as part of a multi-functional team to craft, develop and run systems that power the safe execution of clinical workflows and the collection of relevant data. Your work will support cancer research and GRAIL's multi-cancer early detection blood test.What you'll do:
- Use your experience developing distributed systems to build software that supports the research efforts of GRAIL and its partners.
- Build and operate the platform and tooling that runs the systems and powers the team.
- Work as part of a multi-functional team to overcome real-world problems that sometimes can’t be solved with software alone.
- Ownership for the systems led by the team and support the operational concerns of our research partners.
Who you are:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, Bioinformatics or similar technical field.
- You have 7+ years of significant work experience designing, developing, testing and maintaining software.
- Passionate about software engineering, as well as software engineering teams.
- Experience developing services deployed on platforms such as AWS, GCP, or Microsoft Azure.
- You have excellent logical reasoning and analytical skills, with a preference for simple solutions.
- Strong written and verbal communicator and can adapt your communication style and the level of detail to your audience.
- You have a strong passion for facilitating organizational change, either technical or cultural, and can provide examples of previous successes in this area.
GRAIL is an Equal Employment Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other legally protected status. We want people from all walks of life to feel valued for their individuality, thrive in our business and share a sense of belonging. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us.London, UK /Computer Science and Software Engineering – Front End | Back End | Full Stack Development /Full-Time