Senior Software Engineer, Backend (New York)
NEW YORK CITY / Hybrid Remote Working Model
Trust in Soda are hiring for a number of Senior Java Backend Engineers to join a rapidly expanding mission driven Series C Fintech based in New York who are building the largest global digital wealth management platform to change the way wealth is created for the average person. They are headquartered in New York City with offices in Miami, Boston, Brazil, Argentina, Malta and Greece.
Currently the team has 40 engineers and we're hiring another 57 engineers this year!
You will be part of a core engineering team building the worlds most robust lending platform to connect Investors with borrowers.
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years of software development experience, releasing commercial products or web based high volume transaction systems
- Expert knowledge of Java (8+) programming
- Strong experience with web application frameworks and API development with an eye to REST fidelity, performance, security and event-sourced microservice development (reactive programming)
- Strong foundation in OOP, REST, messaging systems (e.g. Kafka, Kinesis, RabbitMQ), and streaming data (Apache Spark, AWS Kinesis)
- Expert knowledge in working with multiple database platforms – relational (MySQL/Postgres), unstructured (Cassandra, DynamoDB) and transient (Redis)
Bonus points for:
- MS or PhD in Computer Science
- Play Framework, Akka and Lagom experience
- Strong experience working in virtualized environments like Docker
- Previous entrepreneurial venture or early stage start-up experience