We exist to wow our customers. We know we’re doing the right thing when we hear our customers say, ‘How did we ever live without Coupang?’ Born out of an obsession to make shopping, eating, and living easier than ever, we’re collectively disrupting the multi-billion-dollar e-commerce industry from the ground up. We are one of the fastest-growing e-commerce companies that established an unparalleled reputation for being a dominant and reliable force in South Korean commerce.
We are proud to have the best of both worlds a startup culture with the resources of a large global public company. This fuels us to continue our growth and launch new services at the speed we have been since our inception. We are all entrepreneurial surrounded by opportunities to drive new initiatives and innovations. At our core, we are bold and ambitious people that like to get our hands dirty and make a hands-on impact. At Coupang, you will see yourself, your colleagues, your team, and the company grow every day.
Our mission to build the future of commerce is real. We push the boundaries of what’s possible to solve problems and break traditional tradeoffs. Join Coupang now to create an epic experience in this always-on, high-tech, and hyper-connected world.
Coupang is reimagining the shopping experience with the goal of wowing each customer from the instant they open the Coupang app to the moment an order is delivered to their door.
Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics network and a fanatical culture of customer centricity, Coupang has broken tradeoffs around speed, selection and price. Today, we provide exceedingly fast shipping speeds on millions of items including fresh groceries, delivered within hours nationwide, 365 days a year.
We are doing this for millions of consumers in Korea, one of the world’s largest and fastest growing e-commerce markets. Korea is currently the 5th largest e-commerce market in the world.
Staff Software Backend Engineer (Platform Services)
As a Staff Backend Engineer in Platform Services team, you will be responsible for designing and building solid infrastructure to construct, monitor and manage blaze-fast and consistent platform services. Your core mission is to provide company-wide and generic platform solutions with super high scalability, reliability and availability to unleash the productivity of Customer teams. You will have significant scope, impact and responsibility in shaping the future of Coupang platform services. You will be working in a friendly, synergistic, passionate and sharp team.
- Platform Services (PS) team develops and supports Coupang company-wide platform services.
- PS team constructs, monitors and manages blaze-fast and consistent platform services.
- We provide company-wide and generic platform services with super high scalability, reliability and availability to unleash the productivity of Customer teams.
- PS team has significant scope, impact and responsibility in shaping the future of Coupang platform services.
- PS team is a friendly, synergistic, passionate and sharp team.
- Architect and build Coupang's Platform Services.
- Write durable code with the ability to process tera-bytes and peta-bytes each day.
- Keep improving our platform stability, performance and achieving 99.99% to 99.999% availability with smooth operations.
- Work closely with Coupang internal and external Customers and wow them with our cutting-edging products.
- BS or advanced degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Information Systems or related technical field
- 5+ years of experience in designing, developing and maintaining large-scale software infrastructures
- Solid (AWS) cloud background on both software development and operations
- Expertise in distributed systems and computing frameworks like Kafka, Spark, etc.
- Team player and fast learner with the ability to quickly triage and troubleshoot complex problems
- Strong ownership and be passionate about applying new technologies to real products
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to actual or perceived race (including traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hair styles), color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, ,ancestry, national origin (including language use restrictions), age (40 and over), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, family status (including but not limited to marital or domestic partnership status), military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities or affiliations, ancestry, citizenship, family and medical leave status, status as a victim of any violent crime, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Coupang is also committed to providing a safe work environment for its employees and its consumers. As a condition of employment, Coupang requires employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19, subject to legally required accommodations. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application of recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.