At UnitedHealthcare, we’re simplifying the health care experience, creating healthier communities and removing barriers to quality care. The work you do here impacts the lives of millions of people for the better. Come build the health care system of tomorrow, making it more responsive, affordable and equitable. Ready to make a difference? Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Surest’, A UnitedHealthcare Company, (formerly Bind) provides a new approach to health benefits designed to make it easier and more affordable for people to access health care services. Our innovative company is part tech start-up, part ground-breaking service delivery-changing the way benefits serve customers and consumers to deliver meaningful results and better outcomes (and we have just begun). We understand our members and employers alike desire a user-friendly, intuitive experience that puts people in control when it comes to the choices they make and the costs they pay for medical care, and we are seeking team members to continue to advance our vision. By harnessing data and technology, Surest plans are designed to better meet the health and financial needs of all Americans. At Surest, we pride ourselves in our ability to make a difference, and with the backing of our parent company, UnitedHealthcare, we can operate in the best of both worlds-the culture and pace of an innovative start-up with big company support and stability. Come join the Surest team and help us design and deliver a cutting-edge health benefit that changes the face of healthcare.
- Seeking technical Data Analyst to collaborate in researching, documenting, designing, qualifying data throughout the Surest data platform
- Position includes the technical analysts building their capability to develop and deploy data engineering processing pipelines
- Position includes working with employer, medical/pharmacy claims, benefit, reference, and provider data as well as understanding the processes and flow of data throughout the platform. Surest is looking for a Healthcare Data Analyst who can work within a team to understand business needs and priorities, and develop corresponding requirements and document scenarios, develop, design, and implement ETL processing jobs, validate proposed and coded solutions
- Focus, attention to detail, enthusiasm, and a dedication to excellence are all personal characteristics highly valued in the Surest organization
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Review vendor/partner data and Surest capabilities to create data definitions, transformation logic, and data organization options based on business requirements
- Analyze and document new and existing data interfaces within the Surest data platform
- Contribute to the data processing design and development process, providing inputs based on completed analysis and data mappings
- involvement in developing and deploying data processing pipelines
- Collaborate with product owners, other analysts, and vendors to document complex business requests throughout the Surest platform
- Translate data analysis and business logic into documentation that can be understood by broad audiences
- Analyze Surest healthcare data to elicit patterns in the data that can be communicated to data engineers to optimize the processing and storage of the data
- Data analysis in support of the data pipeline source-to-target mappings, ETL system designs, and data testing
- Collaborate with data engineers on data pipeline development to ensure detailed documentation, inclusion of data quality checks to support the data definitions
- Analysis providing detailed insights into new and existing data requests to support new requirements definitions and data pipeline development
- Partner with developers and testers in an Agile Scrum framework to communicate, refine, and validate requirements and solutions
- Participate in user acceptance testing to validate those solutions meet requirements
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 3+ years of experience writing complex SQL for the purposes of data analysis and discovery
- 3+ years of experience creating technical analysis including documentation and communication with technical engineers and data customers
- 3+ years of experience writing stories for software developers
- Experience analyzing health plan data (Enrollment, Claims, etc.)
- Experience developing in Python, Spark framework or some other programming language
- Experience working with Databricks
- Experience with Transactional and Data Lake data stores
- Experience working in highly matrixed, sometimes ambiguous, complex environments with multiple stakeholders
- Experience attending and participating in scrum agile ceremonies
- Experience identifying process improvements and implementing processes related to data pipeline effectiveness and efficiency
- History tracking down stakeholders and subject matter experts to gather requirements and communicate existing state development
- Clear, concise communication skills with solid ability to translate technical jargon into business understandings
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, or New York City Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada/New York City residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.