Advance Auto Parts is looking for a Sr. Solutions Architect to partner with business and technology teams to drive innovative solutions that further our enterprise strategy, thus enabling Advance Auto Part’s Mission of having a ‘passion for Customers, Passion for Yes’.
Successful candidates will be technical experts and thought leaders with strong critical thinking and collaboration skills, the ability to communicate clearly and have a consistent record of driving forward-looking solutions. The ideal candidate is a trusted partner of the business, not only passionate of about technology but focused on the customer and business outcomes. The day-to-day work is interesting, challenging and fast-paced!
Sr. Solutions Architect for Omnichannel Catalog (OCC) is part of OCC transformation team at AAP. This team is focused on enabling best in class customer experience for our team members and customers by providing the right part at right place at right time.
OCC Sr. Solutions Architect will be responsible for partnering closely with Product Teams to understand the initiatives to design and architect IT solutions that meet their needs. This person will also be responsible for defining the roadmap for OCC at AAP. They will work closely with Development teams and act as a bridge between Product owners and Development teams to perform Proof of Concepts on provided design and technology, develop re-usable components etc.
This is a senior role in the organization which along with a team of other architects will help design the future state of technology at AAP.
OPEN TO REMOTE WORK WITHIN THE U.S.A
Roles and Responsibilities
- Building and integrating information systems to meet the company’s needs.
- Assessing the systems architecture currently in place and working with technical staff to recommend solutions to improve it.
- Resolving technical problems as they arise.
- Providing supervision and guidance to development teams.
- Continually researching current and emerging technologies and proposing changes where needed.
- Informing various stakeholders about any problems with the current technical solutions being implemented.
- Assessing the business impact that certain technical choices have.
- Providing updates to stakeholders on product development processes, costs, and budgets.
- Work closely with Information Technology professionals within the company to ensure hardware is available for projects and working properly
- Account for possible project challenges on constraints including, risks, time, resources and scope
- Work closely with project management teams to successfully monitor progress of initiatives
- Project management and leadership skills are essential
- Current understanding of best practices regarding system security measures
- Positive outlook in meeting challenges and working to a high level
- Advanced understanding of business analysis techniques and processes
- Architect will need to perform at least 40-45% hands on development tasks
- Mentor, coach and strengthen the technical expertise in the engineering and ”architecture practice.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science, or a related field; and
- 8+ years related experience in IT Engineering solutions
- Expert in Springboot MVC framework
- Strong knowledge developing and tuning PL/SQL queries, Relational Database Querying
- Strong knowledge on Postgre RDS
- Hands on experience on Redhat Openshift
- Excellent command over K8 concepts
- Deep understanding of cloud native patterns (e.g., circuit breaker, CQRS, configuration as code, sidecar, service mesh)
- Knowledge on Docker
- Hands on knowledge on Jenkins, GIT toolset
- Working knowledge of AWS and Azure cloud platforms and services provided by each
- Analytic and algorithmic thinking
- Experience in working with Helm charts
- Experience with Kafka designs and hands on knowledge
- Understanding and implementation of Opensource caching design and solution
- Expertise in performance tuning in distributed microservice architecture
- Monitoring and observability experience in tools like New relic, creating alerts, synthetic monitoring, metrics creation etc.
- General software design patterns
- Agile software development methodologies
Nice to have
- Experience in the Retail business domain