Macys is proudly Americas Department Store. For more than 160 years, Macys has served generations at every stage of their lives. Customers come to us for fashion, value and celebration. Now is an exciting time to join Macys, Inc. The face of retail is changing, and change requires innovation.
Macys Tech provides modern tools, platforms, and services to all parts of the business. Our team supports millions of customers in connected commerce across the technology hub at Macys Join our team to help shape the future of e-commerce and set the pace in retail technology. Whether focused on store technology, supply chain tech, application security, merchandising systems, or the mobile app youll have opportunities to grow your career while finding meaningful ways to make a difference.
At Macys, were moving fastwere at top speed to become Americas premiere retailer. Macys Technology strives to set the pace by providing seamless and compelling shopping experiences for our Macys and Bloomingdales customers. Macys Technology is creating innovative technology solutions to support these experiences and define the future of retailing.
The Senior Software Engineer position reports to the Manager, Software Engineering, and is responsible for the development and support of applications leveraging his/her expertise and knowledge of multiple systems/customer areas to help build a robust, scalable and reliable platform.
If you're passionate about building highly scalable architecture and you are motivated to make an impact in creating robust software used across the organization, come join us. You will help shape the vision and architecture of Macys next generations incredible growth. You will be a part of an experienced engineering team and work with passionate leaders on challenging topics.
- Perform coding/configuration, testing, implementation and documentation on solutions developed including design specifications.
- Perform applications programming activities, to include code, test, debug, document, maintain, and modify applications programs.
- Ability to extract, analyze, and report the data.
- Strong attention to detail when identifying data relationships, trends, and anomalies.
- Thinking through long-term impacts of key design decisions and handling failure scenarios.
- Maintain awareness of industry trends and evaluate applicability of new software tools to platform development.
- Serve as a coach and mentor to more junior developers to include delegating and managing tasks, as appropriate.
- Consistently demonstrate regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
- Commit to overall deliverables with customers and/or management.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Bachelors Degree and 5+ years or related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2+ years of automation scripting experience and building or maintaining an automated test framework using Java or selenium
- 2+ years of web services automation experience with strong REST API automation experience and UI automation experience
- Experience working in an Agile software development environment is preferred
- 2+ years of coding experience with one or more of the following languages Java or equivalent; knowledge of algorithmic ideas behind the code and software development fundamentals
- 1+ years of experience with continuous integration/continuous deployment and build tools (i.e. JUnit, Maven, Jenkins or equivalent) and using an industry standard source control management system
- 1+ years of experience with TDD/BDD; 2+ years of experience with Cucumber Feature File and Ruby Step Definition preferred
- Strong understanding and experience working with object repository, SQL queries and GUI design standards, especially as they relate to test automation object recognition
- Experience with structuring the automated testing tasks on multiple projects, estimating schedules, resources and dependencies
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and Company needs.
This job description is not all-inclusive, and Macys Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macys Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Candidates for positions in San Francisco ONLY can review their rights and the Companys obligations under SFPC Art. 49 here. Candidates for positions in Los Angeles ONLY can review their rights and the Companys obligations under LA MC Ch. XVIII Art. 9 here. Candidates for positions in Philadelphia ONLY can review their rights and the Companys obligations under PC Ch. 9-3500 here.