Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Design and develop innovative solutions to meet the needs of the business
- Interact with business partners and other stakeholders including leadership
- Use modern, cloud enabled approaches to enrich, transform and analyze data
- Contribute as a developer and help with technology decisions, drive product implementation and delivery
- Consult with development users; determine requirements and recommend solutions
- Assists in development of systems and procedures affecting design and maintenance
- Participate in product evaluations, design review session, data requirement meetings
- Performance and Tuning of infrastructure components
- Demonstrate substantial depth of knowledge and experience in data engineering, API development and graph based approaches to analytic development
- Provide execution delivery support – Support the implementation and drive it to stable state in production
- Provide alternate design solutions along with project estimates
- Troubleshoot production support issues post-deployment and come up with solutions as required
- Collaborate to meet project timelines
- Review project deliverables for completeness, quality, and compliance with established project standards
- Document and communicate the status of progress against plans, taking corrective action as necessary
- Identify, clarify, and resolve project activity issues and risks, escalating them as needed
- Review technical documentation to verify compliance with client requirements and established architectural standards and guidelines
- Assisting with communication interfaces/integration to associated systems
- Upholds enterprise policy guidelines and recommends new and improved guidelines
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of Data Engineering or Analytics experience
- 2+ years of API or data externalization experience
- 2+ years of experience designing and developing streams based data processing. Kafka, Spark, Scala, Go
- OR Experience designing and developing REST APIs / microservices. Spring, Spring boot, Java, Go, NoSQL DBs
- 2+ years exposure to graph databases and graph based data analysis. Neo4j, TigerGraph, DataStax
- 2+ years Exposure to big data stack. Hadoop, Spark
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience BA/BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
- Experience with core programming skills in languages like Go, Java, Scala or Python
- Experience with Hadoop ecosystem, NoSQL DBs, Graph DBs (Tigergraph, Neo4j)
- Experience in an Agile environment (Scrum, SAFe)
- Experience with modern code management and CI/CD processes and tools. (Jenkins, Git)
- Experience with container based systems. Docker, Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of building data integrations using APIs, streaming technologies (Kafka), ETL, ELT, and other data integration patterns
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.